Area Manager - Cleaning
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mobile Cleaning Supervisor or current Cleaning Team Manager to join OCS as an Area Manager on a newly won Healthcare contract.
Your role will be to lead a team of employees (2 Mobile Cleaning Supervisors with cleaning teams, across 30 small-sized local admin and clinical community buildings), ensuring that we run an efficient and effective Cleaning Service provision in line with agreed budgets and service specifications. This will involve monitoring and reporting on the quality and performance of the cleaning services that we deliver within the contract, aiming to continuously improve the service delivery to the client.
This is a brand new contract and will be due to commence on the 4th January 2021. You will be offered a flexible approach to working hours as and when required in the full performance of duties, it is demanding but also rewarding and would benefit an Area/Mobile Supervisor who is looking to progress within Facilities Services, with the OCS Apprenticeship scheme you will also have the opportunity during your employment to gain a recognised qualification and this will be offered to you upon commencement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating a responsive “can-do” attitude to the client and communicating regularly with the client regarding any concerns or issues
- Making sure that all OCS and Client Health and Safety Policies and Procedures are adhered to within the team
- Ensuring that the team are delivering a good quality cleaning service and that standards are maintained and improved, taking remedial action where necessary
- Managing and motivating the team and ad hoc contractors to provide a quality, customer friendly service at all times, in line with the partnering ethos/culture
- Maintaining and monitoring agreed quality systems, ensuring preventative and remedial actions are taken where necessary
- Adopting a pro-active, innovative approach in recommending improvements and changes to the cleaning service where considered to be cost effective, and ensuring that this change is driven through the team in a seamless and efficient manner
- Ensuring that the OCS image is reflected positively through staff appearance and demeanour
- Making sure all labour, sundry and overhead costs are managed within budget
- IOSH Certificate would be desirable if you have it, but training can be provided if needed
- IT Literate, competent in the use of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Cleaning Supervisory experience, ideally from a similar contract size (approx. 50 employees in total)
- Proven background in delivering a range of Cleaning services
- Ability to understand Cleaning contract documentation
- Demonstrable track record of excellent customer-facing service skills
- Excellent personnel, motivational and team building skills
- An autonomous self-starter, self-motivated and well disciplined
- Customer focused with the ability to develop relationships quickly and good at networking
- Demonstrates a proactive response when dealing with customers
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload in a front line, sometimes reactive environment
- Willingness to develop long term relationships with our clients and other stakeholders
- Desire for personal development - an apprenticeship qualification is an option on this role
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
What will you get in return?
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government’s apprenticeship scheme