Property Programme Manager - Fire Safety – Student Accommodation (MC)
A leading Student accommodation developer with a significant national portfolio.
Initially this is a 2 year FTC.
As a result of continued growth and development PSD are searching for an experience Property Program manager for the delivery of a significant program of works relating to property defects, remedial works and fire safety projects inc cladding.
This role will manage the delivery of a number of projects within a Fire Safety / Remedial / defects workstream providing management and control over planning, design and construction across a significant Portfolio of UK buildings.
The projects are extremely high profile within the business and will have a meaningful impact on the business.
An experienced Programme Manager with outstanding management, KPI delivery and customer service skills. The successful candidate, will have a deep experience of managing programmes containing large scale fire safety projects involving mid to high rise buildings. This experience may have come from either the client side or consultancy aspects.
They will also hold a relevant Real Estate Qualifications such as RICS as the projects are highly technical. Experience gained from programmes that do not involve fire safety in mid to high rise buildings, is not considered relevant for this position.
- Ongoing management on behalf of the business to ensure that desired project and workstream outcomes are delivered.
- Ensuring an appropriate workstream / project management framework is in place, incorporating review, milestones and gateways, as necessary.
- Preparing the project brief, initiation and business case, amongst other documents.
- Appraising options and submitting for approval.
- Co-ordinating and directing end user input.
- Co-ordinating value management strategy.
- Managing changes following approval.
- Assessing and managing risks to the workstream.
- Managing the programme budget, including risk allowance.
- Acting as principal point of contact for the designated workstream.
- Drafting / issuing detailed reports on the workstream or project.
- Managing workstream / project communications and stakeholder reporting.
Skills and attributes
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and lead external partners to plan, design and deliver projects in occupied buildings.
- Good understanding of construction contracts.
- Be able to apply quality management principles and processes.
- Be able to apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders within and outside the workstream.
- Be aware of the broader perspective and how it affects the workstream.
- Ability to maintain workflow efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- An analytical mindset with very good problem-solving abilities.
To succeed in this challenging role, you will possess a relevant property qualification and have experience of managing a large varied workload. Commercially aware, you will be confident dealing with a wide range of people, possess excellent communication skills, a cool head and have the ability to manage multiple projects.
More searches like this
- Building design, planning Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)
- Building development Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)
- Contracts, projects, bids Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)