Technical Subject Matter Expert - Environmental Services
Home based – South England / London
Competitive salary plus benefits
Full time, Permanent
Boden Group are working with a leading Facilities Management business in the UK to recruit a Technical Subject Matter expert to join the team.
Your role will involve researching, specifying and designing technical service proposals and bids for clients within the Environmental Services sector, as well as writing all technical legislation for new business bids.
This is a permanent full time role, with opportunity to work remotely. You will be required to travel regularly to the Head Office based in Hampshire, so the ideal candidate will be based in a commutable distance.
You’ll need to be an experienced procurement professional with experience in environmental services. The successful Technical SME will be an experienced multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects at once, and delivering against fixed time-scales within the tender process.
- Researching, specifying, sizing and designing technical service proposals for a number of clients, covering: recycling and waste, grounds maintenance, cleansing services, parking and haulage.
- Working as part of the Bids team, working on multiple customer submissions at once and delivering to challenging timescales in the tender process.
- Using your industry knowledge, technological advancements and best practice to design effective proposals that meet the clients’ specification and needs.
- Presenting proposals in a clear, engaging and easy to understand format.
- Making sure any proposals submitted to clients are thorough, achievable and in line with necessary requirements.
- Produce technical method statements to support customer submissions.
- Attending client meetings and site visits regularly to update customers on the proposals process.
- Championing best practice and ensuring this is applied to all bid submissions.
- Working closely with the bids, finance and commercial teams to produce costing models and pricing submissions for clients.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Track record of success in a similar role within the Environmental Services sector.
- Procurement experience within the public sector is a must, ideally in a contracting/outsourcing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with experience writing technical documentation.
- Membership to Chartered Institute of Waste Management (CIWM) or additional relevant Continuous Professional Development in the Environmental, Waste or Resources sector would be an advantage.
If you're interested in this role, please apply via this advert with your up-to-date CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please get in touch with Marlie at Boden Group for a confidential discussion about your next move.