Regional Commercial Manager (East)
- Salary - £62126.00
- Company car or car allowance – If the individual takes the company car option and there is already one available this will be passed to the new incumbent, they are all Mercedes and will be relevant to their grade or the Car Allowance is £558 per month.
- Based at West Tofts
- Pension contribution Landmarc maximum 8%
- Full time Monday to Friday 37 hours per week.
- Notice period 3 months
- Will need to pass BPSS before starting and then be SC cleared once started
Summary of the role
To be responsible for the Commercial Management of one NTEP region, Quantity Surveying roles for additional works and supporting finance management within the defined geographical region. To support the Commerical Department to effectively and efficiently manage the commercial operation of the contract.
Duties of the role
The following list is not exhaustive and other duties of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time including complying with any new policies that are introduced.
- Responsible for all aspects of the commercial management of the “Additional Works” process including but not limited to: Rough Order of Cost review and approval, Statement of Need Review, Procurement strategy for agreed programmes (FASP), tender management, preparation of commercial elements of firm price proposals including risk management, commercial contract management including variations and ensuring payments are tailored to minimise negative cash flow, within a quasi-NEC3 environment.
- Support the implementation and management of Framework contracts through establishing appropriate contracts, monitoring performance and rebates.
- Support the supply chain management processes and service ensuring that the supply chain is fit for purpose for contract delivery.
- Responsible for the regional Early Warning and Contract Risk Management processes including but not limited to: management of the regional risk register, attending meetings and managing actions.
- Support the process for Compensation Events and Changes to Core Contract price through the preparation of supporting data including the drafting of proposals as appropriate.
- Provide data and reports on Financial and Commercial matters appertaining to the Region, as required to all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide commercial advice, guidance and support to the Regional Operations Manager and contract delivery staff, drive good Commercial practice within the region and delegate for the Regional Operations Manager as necessary.
- Support the implementation of the internal audit programme and provide feedback on the effectiveness of business processes and recommend improvements.
- Support the collation of data for additional recoverable costs.
- Support the Additional Works process and provide management reporting as required to relevant stakeholders including the management of accruals/ forecasts and outturn, liaising with Finance team as required.
- Ensure compliance with the Internal Control Document.
- To be personally responsible for following all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, operating procedures of the Company Health and Safety manual, Environment and Sustainable Development, Sustainable Procurement, HR, IT and Security.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal collaborative working relationships with all key stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the Company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services. To ensure Landmarc meets the needs of our service users we all work flexibly. This means everyone undertakes development and contributes towards continuous improvement and works in a way in which we are all willing to change our hours of work, tasks and locations, sometimes at short notice. Support effective communications within the Company.
The following lists detail the ideal person to carry out this role and will be used as the selection criteria during the recruitment process.
Prerequisites for employment
- Full driving licence valid in the United Kingdom
- Complete Baseline Personnel Security Standard – this is compulsory for all personnel who work for Landmarc Support Services Limited as Official Defence Contractors. This includes a Basic Police Disclosure, however, unspent convictions are not necessarily a bar to employment and will be reviewed case by case to ensure there are no risks to the security and integrity of the work completed by Landmarc Support Services Limited.
- National Security Vetting may be required however you will be informed of this requirement during completion of the Baseline Personnel Security Standard.
- Candidates must meet the UK residency requirements to undergo the above (5 years minimum).
- Willingness to work nationally as required
- Take time to take care of yourself; look out for yourself and others; stop and step-in if you need to;
- Always do the right thing - not just the easy thing; integrity in all that we do at work and at home;
- Put the customer’s needs first; in everything we say, consider or do;
- Promise only what can be delivered; once promised it’s a Landmarc commitment;
- Take pride in what you do; you’ve a lot to be proud of
- Live Our Values; know what they are and what they mean to you and how they influence what you do; we should believe in them and demonstrate them always.
- Build Relationships; we are a people-business and relationships are the foundation of accomplishment. Take every opportunity to build and strengthen relationships; with colleagues, customers and suppliers. Together we are stronger.
- Give Feedback and Recognition; creating an environment in which we openly and thoughtfully give and receive feedback and recognition builds trusting teams. Feedback and recognition also foster a culture of growth.
- Embrace Flexibility; in all that we do and how we do it. Change can come with or without warning and in either case we must improvise, adapt and overcome to remain relevant to Our Mission.
What you know
- Knowledge of QS theories and techniques gained through a Level 6 qualification or equivalent and proven experience.
- Knowledge of cost management processes in the construction/facilities management environment.
- Knowledge of management theories and techniques gained through a Level 4 qualification such as NVQ in a Business Management/People Management or equivalent and proven experience.
- Knowledge of contract and common law
- Knowledge of building construction, services and statutory regulations
- Knowledge of H&S gained through IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent and proven experience including CDM
- Knowledge of project work and the practicalities of delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of the New Engineering Contract (NEC) forms of contract.
- Competent IT skills including cost management software, MS suite including Project
What you can do
- Ensure appropriate quality standards are adhered to across region.
- Apply planning and analysis skills.
- Produce reliable management information, reports and recommendations including coordinate information gathered by others.
- Manage budgets through maximising income and controlling costs.
- Communicate clearly and negotiate fairly, competently and firmly with the Client / customer, supply chain and other stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Performance manage teams and outputs by utilising management tools.