G4S Custody & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) successfully manages four prisons, one secure training centre, one newly awarded prison currently being mobilised and a number of community contracts in England and Wales.
The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
- Drive implementation of all mandatory, regulatory, statutory and contractual standards and best practices to ensure compliance in all areas.
- Provide leadership and direction, establishing clear accountabilities for all site-based FM leads, to ensure delivery of all elements of the FM service required and which support the business plan.
- Continue to build the calibre of existing management, through development and succession planning, to ensure a high performing, results driven and accountable team.
- Create a culture within FM which is committed to adhering to statutory and corporate health, safety and environmental requirements in order to maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Develop strategic and positive partnerships with key stakeholders within the Authority in order to support, promote and enhance the delivery of FM.
- Responsible for all FM related matters when dealing with the SPVs on lifecycle and dilapidation management.
- Partner with contract Directors with the management of the FM P&L to ensure the delivery of a safe FM model.
- Ensure delivery against an agreed set of KPIs, which report monthly on performance and spend to ensure full oversight of compliance against HMPPS baselines.
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead our Facilities Management Functions across our business. You will be working closely with the Managing Director and establishment Directors providing expert advice and support.
To succeed in this role, you will be a dynamic and engaging individual, who shares our ethics and values and is eager to implement your leadership strategy for the future. A proven senior leader, you will inspire your team and have the ability to recognise the attention to detail required. It is essential that you have experience of working within a multifunctional and demanding environment.
As the Director of FM you will provide strategic leadership for Facilities Management within the CaRS business, ensuring delivery of a compliant, timely and cost effective FM service, which meets all statutory, mandatory and contractual maintenance requirements in the most cost effective manner and with minimum disruption to establishment regimes.
You will possess strong organisational and communication skills and have experience of working within a fast-paced environment in a similar FM leadership role. It is vital you hold an appropriate FM, or relevant technical, qualification and will be dedicated to providing a high-quality service to both internal and external customers.
If successful, you will join a professional and friendly working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation such as Company Car or allowance, Company Bonus Scheme, Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
To apply, please visit our online careers portal by clicking the 'Apply' button.