Maxwell Stephens Recruitment have been assigned by a world leader in the pharmaceutical industry, to recruit for an Engineering & Facilities Manager based in Kent. You will be responsible for both the Engineering and Facilities teams, this role will report in to the director.
Core hours but requirement for flexibility including weekends dependent on Engineering/Facilities activities.
- Management of the daily activities performed within the Engineering and Facilities Teams.
- Set goals, establish priorities, manage resources, develop concepts and approaches, review projects progress and results.
- Develop long range Regional capital plans to meet growth and ensure upkeep of facility.
- Use critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills to move projects forward and give future direction.
- Focus on good manufacturing practises (GMP) and compliance with relevant certifications, accreditations, and legislation.
- Oversee team’s contributions to demand, throughput, and all production activities.
- Manage budgets related to relevant cost centres.
- Involvement and interaction with Dartford Management Team.
- Contribute to Regional and Global initiatives.
- Promote continuous improvement within the department and provide support to other departments.
- Provide training, coaching and support to staff in activities relating to areas of responsibility.
- Ensure records generated by the Engineering and Facilities teams are accurate and generated in accordance with company SOPs.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Quality and Environmental Policies.
- Ensuring validation and qualification for any relevant Engineering & Facilities equipment and/or processes.
- Ensure compliance with safety or statutory requirements pertinent to departmental functions.
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Building Construction-required
- Several years’ experience within a Pharmaceutical environment or at a minimum, a closely related industry
- Project Management experience
- Proven management experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Ability to influence without direct management responsibility
- Able to build business relationships internally and externally
- Problem Solving
- Lean/Quick Kaizens/OEE
- Microsoft Project
- Based locally
- Required travel 5/10% throughout region
- Driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Highly self-motivated, can do attitude, flexible approach.
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial
- Responsive and proactive (self-starter)
- Internal customer focused
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to communicate clearly to a broad range of people at all levels, inside and outside the organisation
- Degree in Project Management
- Lean qualification/trained
- Experience of training, coaching and mentoring others
- CAFM experience
- Membership of ISPE or IWFM