Bid Writer / Manager ( Renewables ) £38-50k Neg Basic plus Bonus + Car ( Flexible location )
To provide the commercial and contractual lead on major, strategic / complex opportunities with reduced risk to the business. Responsible for improving the success rate and profitability by developing and delivering a winning and profitable bid strategy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent high level and quality of service for bidding major, strategic or complex project opportunities.
- Work with the UK Managing Director to help identify suitable project opportunities and qualify using a Bid / No Bid process.
- Qualify and prioritise potential opportunities and develop a winning bid strategy.
- Identify the level of required activity, expertise and resource required (both internally and externally) to deliver the bid strategy and implement a written plan to ensure that all milestones are met and that all risks are identified and mitigated.
- Provide a high level commercial, contractual and technical response to ensure the customer’s requirements are met, and take a key role in commercial negotiations.
- Identify, quantify and manage technical and contractual obligations and commercial risks on selected projects.
- To professionally liaise with customers, internal and external stakeholders (including subcontractors), attending meetings as required to develop relationships and provide a structured approach to bid activity.
- Lead the handover meeting to secured opportunities to ensure that resources are identified and the business fully briefed to deliver the project right first time.
- Generate and issue relevant management and KPI reporting.
- Continuous improvement – continually review process and solutions to ensure improved win rate, cost and risk management whilst continuing to deliver best practice in a changing marketplace.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with both customers and internal / external stakeholders to ensure a collaborative approach that delivers positive and sustainable results.
- Collaborative, thorough problem solver, always looking to deliver sustainable results.
- Ensure written bids are commercially accurate and to detail with excellent administrative & time management skills.
- Full understanding of construction / infrastructure industry contracts and project management approaches together with knowledge of project, risk and value management.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Able to collaborate and deliver success in a cross functional organization.
- Commercially astute with an eye for detail.
Required education and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of delivering complex solutions through cross functional teams.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a similar role. ( FM / Renewables / Lighting / HVAC / Solar )
- Experience of dealing with senior decision makers within public sector organisations.
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills.
- Intermediate/advanced IT skills.
Sound like you ? Apply today - Interviewing now!