Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a leading property investment company to recruit an Engineering Lead for their Central London headquarters.
To work with the Head of Facilities Management and wider Property Management department to provide a strategic and focused approach to the engineering function across the estate. This role will be focussed on achieving a “best in class” approach to engineering resulting through a risk based approach to managing the engineering function as well as cost efficiencies to their clients.
- Manage and develop the technical services and engineering function that supports the Property Management Department including formulating the maintenance strategy, evaluating the performance of the supply chain as well as working with the Property Management team to formulate the overall planned maintenance and repair budget across the portfolio.
- Reviewing existing maintenance arrangements and create new policy and procedures where required for effective and cost-efficient technical services delivery.
- Ensure technical and engineering services is incorporated into a department Quality Management System. Assess current engineering services and identify any gaps or improvements that can be made in the planning, organisation, implementation, control, monitoring and compliance with Health and Safety legislation, environmental, security and occupant satisfaction requirements.
- Work with Head of Facilities Management to develop contract management strategy to achieve high performance through the supply chain.
- Develop internal process and procedures in relation to engineering and building management standards including escalation, root cause analysis and rectification.
- Lead major project works from inception, to completion. This includes creating a scope with the assistance of consultants, organising the correct documentation, tendering works and final completion and handover;
- Methodically plan, organise and execute project works utilising Prince 2 or similar frameworks.
- Reviewing existing project and small works arrangements and create new policy and procedures where required for effective and cost-efficient technical services delivery. This is to include embedding of all statutory requirements such as CDM 2015, whilst working in partnership with stakeholder departments such as Health and Safety.
- Contribute new initiatives to the Department Plan in partnership with stakeholders, and lead to successful implementation.
- Proactively manage technical operations, identify potential risks and put in place mitigation plans. Deal with emergencies and other incidents as required in support of the Property Operations team.
- Liaising with external consultants as required to ensure projects are delivered on time, to specified requirements and to budget.
- Manage the overall performance of external third-party maintenance suppliers ensuring service levels are met, spend is within budget and risks are managed effectively. Working closely with the Head of Facilities Management to ensure that contractually, the contract is fit for purpose.
- Ensure that Technical Services Project Reports are produced monthly by the Technical Services and Engineering team or as required.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure and assess sustainability requirements of new M&E services, proposed works, infrastructure and support implementation of sustainability initiatives, in particular ISO 14001 and our Net- Zero Carbon Target.
- To be able to act as Principal Designer where required. Ensuring all relevant CDM 2015 requirements are fulfilled, ensuring all Health and Safety procedures are implemented.
- Work with Property Management and Development team to ensure that concise project handover procedures are in place and followed so as to ensure a smooth transition between projects and operation.
- Work with the Development team to ensure new developments benefit from early input of engineering services. Ensure learnings from previous developments are incorporated into new ones and a proactive approach is taken to input in the Design and Construction stages.
- Demonstrable evidence of managing a similar engineering function in previous roles.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to work within a team withing a cross functional environment
- The job requires a professional approach combined with excellent communications skills and the ability to get things done within definite time frames. The need for a full IT skill set is considered necessary to be effective within the post, including Microsoft Office.
- Significant and proven experience of Project Managing end to end delivery of repair and maintenance projects.
- Proven ability to manage major M&E project contracts to ensure delivery to quality cost and time.
- Ability to interact, influence and communicate effectively at all levels within the Company to contribute to the delivery of the Company’s objectives.
- Strong reporting skills are essential to produce reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables.
- Commercial awareness with experience of managing project costs and budgeting.
- A thorough understanding an working knowledge of CDM 2015 and implementation of key roles within this framework.
- Solid organisational skills with good time management and an ability to multitask and manage a heavy workload.
- Quick and responsive – working to strict deadlines.
- Problem solver with an ability to find innovative ways to resolve issues.