My client has a long and illustrious history within the licensed leisure industry. They have a significant free hold property portfolio and some exceptional sites within Central London and the South.
They require a regional Building/Project surveyor to cover approx. 70 sites within a defined geographic region on the South Coast.. This is a great opportunity to join a quality operator, who invests heavily in maintaining a superb portfolio, and are intent on growing through strategic growth.
- As an experienced Retail/Leisure surveyor you will be responsible for all property maintenance and capital projects within a defined region covering a portfolio of Approx. 70 pubs, restaurants and boutique hotels.
- This includes budgeting, specification and supervision of works, extracting value for money from contractors and ensuring that the highest standards are achieved.
Day to Day activities:
- To develop and maintain a close understanding and knowledge of the companies' buildings and philosophy.
- Carry out a regular inspection programme, prepare condition reports and make appropriate proposals for work as necessary.
- Responsibility for preparing annual and long-term budgets. Budgetary control and scheduling workloads across the year in liaison with the building operators.
- Identify and achieve efficient proactive solutions to maintenance issues.
- Project manage refurbishment projects to the highest standard.
- Minimising closures, controlling work as effectively and as economically as possible, taking opportunities to address other building issues as part of projects.
- Preparing schedules of dilapidations and negotiation with respect of subsequent works.
What we’re looking for:
- To succeed in this challenging role, you will possess a relevant construction qualification and have experience of managing programmes and budgets.
- As a field-based surveyor, you will be comfortable working with remote supervision / support infrastructure. You will possess a commercial approach, strong negotiation skills and the ability to work within very tight time constraints.