An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Quality Inspector.
The post will be based in the Midlands area on a fixed term contract basis for 6 months.
The post holder will plan, implement, and guarantee that the procedures meet operational quality requirements of the end-to-end kitting process and coordinate with central quality group.
- Act as an immediate assistant to the Operational Quality Manager;
- Oversee the quality activities on site;
- Support compliance of PCR test kits to ISO13485;
- Obtain resolution on areas identified as non-conformant;
- Document all processes and procedures and report the effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS);
- Promote awareness of regulatory and QMS requirements throughout the organisation;
- Provide quality advice and support to other departments;
- Monitor trends in product quality and take corrective action when required;
- Drive root-cause analysis and implement corrective and/or mitigating actions to resolve a problem;
- Work with various stakeholders in the manufacturing process;
- Build relationships with stakeholders and communicate with them effectively and clearly;
- Support the long-term relationship between DHSC and external partners and colleagues, aligning to a common goal and approach;
- Assess components for conformance to specification;
- Assist with Good-in inspections;
- Identify and report any non-conformances to central quality;
- Assist the team in adherence to quality metrics;
- Support in maintaining compliance of PCR kits to ISO13485;
- Ensure end to end kitting is operated to all approved work instructions and required documentation is completed in full;
- Assist with new kit introduction and approvals and validation of new processes;
- Gather data concerning product conformity.
A successful candidate will have:
- Demonstratable experience of supply chain and logistics;
- A working knowledge of ISO13485;
- Experience in operating within a quality system environment;
- A high level of Excel skills, and excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills;
- The ability to adapt to the complex and changing environment, and prioritise accordingly;
- Proven experience of data-driven decision making and managing documentation and databases;
- The ability to build strong relationships and work closely with a number of different stakeholders and teams in various capacities;
- Self-motivation, organisation, and the ability to manage their own projects.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org