Our client, a well-established secondary school are looking to recruit a well-organised and hardworking Facilities Manager to join their dedicated and hard-working premises team.
- Manage the site and facilities at the school to ensure and promote the provision of high standards of teaching and learning.
- Lead of Health & Safety compliance, ensuring that the estate is safe and compliant with statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
- Management of the upkeep, maintenance and security of the site.
- Lead on matters such as contract management, lettings and First Aid training.
- Act as the Education Visit Co-ordinator
- Line Management of the Site and Welfare teams.
About the team and site:
- The Site Team consists of a Site Manager, 2 Site Agents (all 3 of who work on a rotation of early starts) and an Evening/ Weekend Caretaker. The Welfare Team consists of 2 Welfare Assistants.
- 1,500+ students and over 150 staff.
- A single site, but with 3 buildings – all built in the 1960/70s.
- Over the past few years, they have invested substantially in the site including several successful capital improvement bids: Refurbishment of their Science block (2018), whole site new hot/ cold water system (£600k, 2020) and this summer are seeing whole site fire safety improvements (£500k).
- An ever evolving 5 year capital improvement programme and rolling refurbishments.
- Experience of working at a Site / Facilities Management level
- A thorough understanding of health and safety regulations/ requirements, premises management and relevant regulatory responsibilities
- Strong leadership skills, and an ability to get the best out of their team
- Proven experience of being able to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to be organised, flexible and work calmly in a busy school environment
What they offer to you:
- A professional and friendly working environment
- An ambitious school which also cares about staff wellbeing and a work life balance.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle2work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- A very generous pension scheme
- Opportunities for career development, with a dedication to provide CPD
This school is looking for someone that will get involved in the life of the school and play an active and visible part in making a difference for our students.
The hours of working will be 8:00am – 5pm (Mon-Fri). Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.