An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as an IMC Programme Director, the candidate will need to have a background in NHS Estates to undertake the role.
The client is based in East of England, on a fixed term basis for 12 months, however the role will be in the main remote working.
The postholder will ensure that the programme objectives are clear, the investment strategy is understood, and each of the individually delivered projects within the programme compliments and considers the others.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Provide experienced programme management expertise;
- Act as a neutral leader, with a detailed understanding of the Treasury Green Book process;
- Provide effective delivery of the overall service need for residents of the area and beyond;
- Responsible for overseeing delivery on time, within scope and on budget;
- Support a dedicated Programme Director for the project;
- Ensure the system maximises on the expertise that exists, but does not overload any individual currently in post that has a significant BAU responsibilities, as well as supporting this programme of works;
- Make certain that clear cost and service objectives are articulated and agreed for a programme of work to deliver four Integrated Medical Centres, aligned with the STP clinical model & NHS LTP;
- Responsible for delivery of a Programme Business Case and four individual projects cases that will facilitate the delivery of four new build IMCs that support the health and care system of the organisation, representing value for money and delivering improved patient outcomes;
- Act as single contact and co-ordination point for health system with regards to the delivery of 4 IMCs in the area;
- Operate as senior representation at strategic forums, and effectively manage key stakeholders;
- Ensure improved clinical engagement and clinical ownership of programme;
- Develop clear measurable health outcomes from the programme and benefits realisation;
- Ensure there is one consistent message across health and care system internally and externally;
- Possess a clear understanding of capital and revenue investment required with link to outcomes to be realised;
- Ensure both Programme and Project Business Cases demonstrate value for money;
- Maximise non-financial social benefits of each facility;
- Review sources of capital and implications of ongoing revenue consequences;
- Work with stakeholders to identify most efficient leasing / occupancy structures for each building;
- Maximise opportunities for funding sources, covering both project costs and contributions to construction/equipping costs, with a particular view on reducing ongoing revenue consequences of the new facilities;
- Oversee programme and project business case development and approval;
- Coordinate project work stream leads;
- Clearly identify milestones and key target dates and provide regular reports against milestones;
- Establish governance structure ensuring link to each stakeholder individual governance;
- Manage project budget;
- Commission and manage professional expertise needed to progress projects.
- An demonstrable background at senior level within Healthcare Estates, specifically a thorough understanding of multimillion pound Capital Projects and Programmes related;
- Experience and expertise in programme management.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org