My client is a FTSE 250 out of town retail/ Warehousing business with a quality international portfolio.
As a result of continued growth and development they require an Acquisition specialist to join the small, experienced property team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well establish market leading organisation and really develop your career. This is a field-based role reporting into a HQ in Hertfordshire approx. 2 days per week.
Responsible for identifying and financially appraising sites, negotiating heads of terms, obtaining Board approval, securing exchange of contracts, obtaining planning permission, completion of purchase.
- Energetic and skilful in identifying new opportunities: Highly resourceful in identifying leads, excellent network builder, can create new effective networks quickly, leverages existing networks, exhaustively seeks out new opportunities, doesn’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
- Highly self-motivated, self-sufficient and energetic. Never gives up.
- Deal driven and entrepreneurial: Enjoys doing deals, good at finding and creating opportunities, hungry for new deals and unrelenting in closing down negotiations and legals.
- Negotiation: well developed negotiating skills required
- Commercial: knows a good site, can quickly assess whether there is a deal to be done, has a good grasp of values for different property uses, rents, yields and capital values.
- Emotionally intelligent: Energetic, engaging, trustworthy and professional. Builds strong and effective business relationships, never ‘burns bridges’, Great team player.
- Financially astute: Understands and uses discounted cash flows, ensures risk and opportunity is properly assessed. Strong numeric skills.
- Excellent communication skills: excellent written and oral communication– convincing, accurate, efficient, engaging.
- Site acquisition and development experience gained with a developer, corporate occupier or commercial property consultancy.
- Track record of success in identifying, acquiring, obtaining planning permission and developing sites.
- Ideally has experience of site acquisition, planning and development in both London and provincial towns and cities of UK. Strong knowledge of British towns and cities.
What we’re looking for:
- To succeed in this challenging role, you will possess a property qualification and have experience of taking sites from cradle to grave.
- As a field-based surveyor, you will be comfortable working with remote supervision / support infrastructure. You will possess a commercial approach, strong negotiation skills and the ability to work within very tight time constraints. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your acquisition career working for a market leading stable organisation with sustainable long term growth plans.