An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Head of Capital (Building and Works).
The post will be in the North West, on an interim basis for 6 months.
The postholder will be responsible for the development and implementation of the annual capital plan, with management responsibility for the Capital Projects team.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Oversee the strategic direction (including short, medium, and long-term planning) for the Estate;
- Address and reduce the estates backlog, and play a key role in ensuring the continued improvement of the built environment, ensuring that it is fit for purpose, safe and appropriate for staff, patients, and visitors;
- Ensure that all Capital Projects are effectively managed to deliver the capital plans on time, within budget and as per agreed quality and specification;
- Work alongside the Procurement team to ensure compliant procurement processes and SFI’s are adhered to;
- Line manage the Capital Projects team and ensure effective service delivery from supply chain partners including Consultancies and Contractors;
- Report as required (both written and verbal), on all works related to Capital Schemes, including schemes funded from Charitable Trustees or with external funding;
- Work with External and Internal stakeholders to ensure Projects are well managed with good communication systems in place;
- Act as the Lead Specialist for Capital Projects, and deliver the service within set financial and resource parameters;
- Participate in Estates On-Call Rota for out of hours Estate’s cover & call outs for the organisation;
- Produce monthly reports on activity, response, and key performance indicators (KPI’s);
- Ensure that the delivery of capital projects meets all legal, statutory, and mandatory compliance requirements and assist in the production of monthly compliance reports;
- Arrange and manage internal and external training provision for Capital Projects staff;
- Manage and lead a portfolio of complex and specialist Capital Projects from project briefing through to completion of works on site.
- An in-depth understanding of hospital capital projects and related policies, procedures, and impacts on operational activities;
- Specialist knowledge of, and training in hospital building and engineering;
- Significant senior management experience gained in a hospital/ healthcare environment;
- Specialist skills evidenced by higher level project management skills and knowledge of construction contracting method.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com