An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large healthcare organisation for an Operational Estates Manager.
This is an interim post for 3 months working in the East of England on a band 8a (Inside IR35, through an umbrella solution).
Responsible for Estate Maintenance Services, which includes Reactive, Planned Preventative and Scheduled Maintenance Services.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Manage and service develop all Maintenance providers under the post holder’s control to provide an integrated support service within a culture of continuous improvement;
- Oversee and implement strategies that will ensure enhanced compliance with regulatory requirements including DoH and Statutory requirements, Health & Safety and Risk Management;
- Provide key strategic input on Hard FM Management issues; and to deliver against statutory requirements to achieve the financial and legal obligations;
- Management of the engineering and building planned maintenance systems, considering client requirements changes to statutory legislation and codes of practice and the age and condition of the plant and buildings;
- Ensure safe and effective working practices are applied within maintenance services;
- Analysis and resolution of complex problems involving breakdown of critical plant affecting the Trust’s output targets and patient care;
- Identify the training and development needs of the estates maintenance staff to ensure an effective and responsive service can be provided for a changing environment;
- Develop and lead on strategies and processes as allocated by the Estates & Facilities Site Manager that will enhance the quality of services delivered by the Directorate and deliver long-term benefits;
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to implement a quality and customer care strategy for all Operational Services to achievement of agreed/measured standards.
- Degree (or HNC plus equivalent knowledge and experience) in Mechanical, Electrical or Buildings Services Engineering or equivalent;
- Must have experience with the NHS/a Healthcare setting;
- Extensive technical knowledge of Mech/Elec plant & equipment;
- Experience of managing, auditing and reviewing large and complex maintenance contracts;
- Proven experience managing a large team of technical, skilled and unskilled staff
- Experience of delivering services within budgetary limits;
- Ability to think and manage strategically and operationally.
For further information on this role please send a copy of your CV in the first instance along with your availability to email@example.com