Our client, one of the largest alternative asset managers in the world, has asked us to recruit an Engineering Services Manager to plan, coordinate and supervise all aspects of M&E system operations, planned and reactive maintenance, as well as managing and developing a team of technicians and a service desk function.
- Using tact and diplomacy ensure good communications to all stakeholders on issues relating to the day to day operation of the property.
- Take ownership and pursue effective communications with the Occupiers in order to build positive working relationships.
- Manage and supervise the Senior Technicians, Technicians and specialist contractors when they are undertaking planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with, or better than, HVAC SFG20/CIBSE guidelines.
- Manage, appraise, develop and mentor direct reports in line with the company’s policy.
- Supervise staff performance and conduct on a day-to-day basis to ensure professional and productive performance is provided by all team members.
- Manage resources to ensure staff holiday, sickness and training absence are suitably managed and cover provided.
- To hold regular meetings with their direct reports and wider maintenance team.
- Ensure staff are suitable trained and regularly drilled on the safe and proper operation of all M&E plant and operating systems. Plan and arrange staff training in line with the company’s training matrix.
- Ensure site processes and procedures are adhered to by all maintenance personnel.
- To proactively manage third party contractors, building positive relationships and working in partnership with them to resolve contractual or technical issues.
- Promote a safety first culture within the team.
- Be responsibly available to support emergency incidents outside of normal working hours.
- To fulfil any other duties reasonably necessary in the interest of the smooth and efficient operation of the property.
- Maintain accurate records of works completed and associated financial costs. Provide a monthly financial report to the General Manager & Technical Services Manager, working within allocated budget authority.
- Obtain quotations and instruct purchase orders for repairs and small projects.
- Ensure orders are placed in line with the company’s procurement policy and payment for completed works and consumable orders are processed in a timely manner.
Systems & Processes
- Identify, forward plan and coordinate all maintenance activities. Providing a regular report on planned maintenance and works in progress.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the M&E services, organising the maintenance team and supply chain in order to meet the objectives and annual planned maintenance.
- Maintain clear and legible records appertaining to operations, PPM schedule, reactive maintenance, the emergency maintenance systems and other engineering, building fabric records including operation and maintenance manuals and drawings.
- Ensure a proactive approach is taken to service delivery and fault resolution.
- Ensure statutory compliance is maintained in line with the site and company procedures and that all non-compliance matters are escalated to the Technical Services Manager and General Manager immediately.
- Ensure the company’s permit to work processes are followed by the maintenance team at all times. Ensure regular spot checks of works being carried out under a permit to work are enforced.
- Ensure all aspects of health and safety are maintained in line with the site and task specific risk assessment and method statement.
- Assist in the preparation of operational processes, procedures and emergency plans.
- To act as an Authorised Person for the M&E systems where trained and appointed to do so.
- Prepare operational and managerial reports.
- Carry out regular quality audits of the maintenance standards.
- To ensure a robust handover process between shifts is achieved at all times and shift reports are clear, concise and offer a suitable level of information.
- A relevant professional qualification is essential – Eng.Tech/I.Eng.
- Holds a valid IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Experience of being an appointed HV/AP or SAP.
- A team leader possessing demonstrable team management skills who can work effectively with people at all levels and is capable of dealing with contentious and challenging situations.
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience gained within a multi-discipline hard and soft services environment in a managerial role
- A good working knowledge of assets such as plumbing; HVAC systems, controls, refrigeration and electrical/mechanical and experience managing cooling towers.
- Prior experience of Building Management Systems.
- Experience in managing electronic PPM management systems e.g. Concept Evolution or equivalent.
- Experience of managing technical incidents through to resolution.
- Experience in managing a service desk function.
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with experience of managing safe working practices and statutory compliance.
- Prior experience of managing a permit to process.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft packages – Word, Excel etc.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Endorsement.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Building Services Engineering (High level of electrical content).
- Experience of recruiting, managing, appraising direct reports.
- Experience of coordinating tool box training and best practice drills.
- An ability to write and implement new processes, procedures and business continuity plans.