An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large healthcare organisation for an Estates Mechanical Engineer – NHS.
This is an interim post for 3 months initially working in the East of England on a band 7 (Inside IR35, through an umbrella solution).
Responsible for ensuring that mechanical engineering maintenance, including specialist contract work is carried out to the appropriate standards and specifications. Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Provide specialist engineering knowledge and advice to the Senior Engineer, Maintenance Manager, in-house project teams, Consultants and operational staff;
- Ensure that the organisations maintenance management systems reflect good practice in accordance with H&S legislation and HTM’s;
- Ensure the mechanical systems asset register is maintained and all such assets are compliant with statutory and HTM requirements.;
- Arrange, monitor and be accountable for specialist contracts to provide maintenance and validation of mechanical plant and systems;
- Provide risk-based assessments of all maintenance activity to ensure excellent value for money;
- Setting standards to be applied across all work which reflect the requirements for high quality accommodation and high-quality maintenance;
- Ensure the adequate provision, operation and maintenance of the mechanical systems.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a minimum HNC Mechanical Engineering qualification, plus specialist Estates related knowledge acquired through post-graduate course & experience to masters equivalent level;
- Must have experience with the NHS/ a healthcare setting;
- Expert technical understanding of highly specialist engineering systems within a healthcare environment;
- Previous operational experience as an Authorised Person.
For further information on this role please send a copy of your CV in the first instance along with your availability to email@example.com