Our client, a venture management organisation, are looking to recruit for a Technical Services Manager on a Temp to Perm basis, based in Cambridge
- To manage and supervise the Technicians and specialist contractors when they are undertaking planned and reactive maintenance works and projects.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the M&E services requirements.
- Identifying, planning & scheduling of PPM in all service delivery aspects.
- Establish process and structure of all management systems within team.
- Assist in the preparation of operational procedures, emergency and contingency plans.
- Maintain records appertaining to operations, PPM schedule, reactive maintenance, the emergency maintenance systems and other engineering, building fabric records including operation and maintenance manuals and drawings.
- Oversee all maintenance activities and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site procedures and requirements.
- Undertake tasks during peak workloads and to ensure provision of holiday and sickness cover where appropriate.
- Take ownership and pursue effective communications with the occupiers in order to build stable relationships.
- Be proactive with regard to preventative/reactive maintenance and extra works.
- Be available to attend or manage emergency call-outs/incidents and provide written incident reports as required.
- Training of staff, including system operations and health and safety.
- Preparation of operational and managerial reports.
- Responsibility for compliance with all statutory requirements within the remit
- Carry out staff appraisals for engineers who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
- Minimum BTEC Level 3 or NVQ recognised equivalent.
- Experience gained within a hard services environment in a supervisory role within a property company.
- A good working knowledge of assets such as– Plumbing; HVAC systems, Controls, Refrigeration and electrical/mechanical
- Experience in computer PPM management systems.
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft packages – Word, Excel etc.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Endorsement. HNC/ HND/Degree in Building Services Engineering (High level of electrical content) Membership to the Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) or equivalent
- Ideally City and Guilds 17thor 18th
- Prior experience with permits to work (Authorised Person electrically/ mechanically)
- Prior experience of Building Management Systems