OCS have an opportunity for an innovative and forward-thinking Hard Services Manager to manage a large, and diverse portfolio in the Birmingham and West midlands area. There will be travel and potential overnight stay`s required as you will need to visit multiple sites to ensure a consistent service delivery approach.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role managing both directly employed staff and sub-contractors to ensure a seamless service delivery model. Providing value for money for the client whilst maintaining the highest standard of safety on site.
You must have experience of managing sites across multiple sectors with a good working knowledge of the industrial and Manufacturing sectors having a minimum of HNC in an engineering discipline as you will be expected to ensure that all works meets the current regulations and the statutory compliance if the site maintained.
You will be required to manage your own Projects and have autonomy to commission work and put strategic saving plans in place which are in the best interest of the contract, you will be expected to bring industry best practice to the contracts that you manage.
We are looking for someone to work in partnership with our client to identify innovations and cost and/or energy savings that could be achieved on their estate in line with there strategic goals.
What you'll be doing…
- Line manages the Site teams to ensure optimal performance.
- Undertake routine inspections of the sites including but not limited to daily maintenance checks, health & safety checks, soft service audits and employee welfare checks.
- Maintain computerised records of all regular checks undertaken, evidence that effective actions have been taken in the event of any noncompliance identified and comply with the cycle of contract reporting.
- Responsible for heating ventilation and lighting systems throughout the premises; arrange to remedy any problems and to participate in cost saving projects.
- Undertake and document risk assessments of all sites and work activities in which we engage for or on behalf of our client and ensure complaint behaviours are demonstrated throughout all OCS teams working on the estate.
- Regularly walk around all buildings to monitor maintenance standards, lighting and heating use and those windows and doors are secured. Report and act upon any issues with the appropriate staff.
- Ensure facilities operational excellence, complying with the SLA as a minimum standard, ensuring service provision achieves acceptable KPI scores and ensuring adherence to all relevant legislative and industry standards.
- Actioning H&S improvements and closing out any client concerns via an electronic system.
- Actively engaging in the provision of service innovation projects, programs and processes, keeping the contract informed and updated.
- Accountable for the management and control of costs, achievement of budgeted margin and organic growth of the contract.
What you'll need…
- HNC in an engineering discipline
- IOSH, Managing Safety
- IT Skills including Microsoft, SAP and CAFM software platforms.
- Awareness of legislation relating to building compliance.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft, SAP, CAFM, platforms)
- Full driving licence.
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services - ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management - as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
What will you get in return?
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance - to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance - to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government's apprenticeship scheme