OCS have an opportunity for an innovative and forward-thinking hard service biased Facilities manager to manage a large, and diverse portfolio in the south of England. There will be travel and potential overnight stay`s required as you will need to visit multiple sites to ensure a consistent service delivery approach.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role managing both directly employed staff and sub-contractors to ensure a seamless service delivery model. Providing value for money for the client whilst maintaining the highest standard of safety on site.
You must have experience of managing sites across multiple sectors with a good working knowledge of the corporate market and have a minimum HNC in an engineering discipline as you will be expected to ensure that all works meets the current regulations and the statutory compliance if the site maintained.
You will be required to manage your own P&L and have autonomy to commission work and put strategic saving plans in place which are in the best interest of the contract, you will be expected to bring industry best practice to the contracts that you manage.
You will also require experience of managing minor projects up to the value of £15,000 as part of your role. You will be expected to manage all minor works on the sites in a safe and professional manner with limited input from the central project team and deliver them to high standard meeting the clients' expectations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of an excellent workplace experience to customers, focusing on operational delivery, effective planned preventative maintenance, compliance with legislative obligations and industry best practice guidelines and the management of reactive works and supplier relationships.
- Actively manage you're your team to develop them and the service on the site taking an active part in the logging, investigating and remedying of HSQE concerns and ensure this is replicated in direct reports.
- Actively engaging in the provision of service innovation projects, programs and processes. Keeping the client contract owner informed and updated through formal and informal communications
- Controlling the costs of both direct and indirect service delivery, operating to budgetary constraints, and ensuring resource is provided to contractually defined levels. Identifying opportunities for cost saving and reporting them to the client and pursuing initiatives for energy saving.
- Managing inputs and outputs of the CAFM system to ensure that all jobs are logged, actioned, and closed and investigating when this is not the case. Continually updating and improving CAFM workflow to reflect best practice, changes in the estate, contractual change etc.
- Level 5 Qualification in facilities management desirable
- HNC in an engineering discipline
- Working experience/Personal attributes
- IOSH, Managing Safety
- Hold professional membership (CIBSE IWFM, RICS, IOSH)
IT Skills including Microsoft, SAP and CAFM software platforms.
Awareness of legislation relating to building compliance.
Strong IT skills (Microsoft, SAP, CAFM, platforms)
Full driving licence.
Competent in performance measurement, analysis and reporting techniques
Good verbal and written communication skills Maintain.
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services - ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management - as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
What will you get in return?
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance - to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance - to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government's apprenticeship scheme