Required for November 2021 or as soon as possible
Salary: £44,000 to £53,000 pa
Hours: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for an Estates & Operations Manager to play a key role at South Hampstead High School ensuring the provision of an efficient and effective site and facilities service.
Working with the Director of Finance & Operations, their key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a facilities management programme, including planned, preventative and reactive maintenance
- Assisting with the management of large capital and refurbishment projects
- Preparing and managing annual maintenance budgets
- Regularly reviewing annual facilities contracts and establishing relationships with key suppliers
- Establishing an effective system to secure the premises during and outside school hours
- Ensuring that reception is fully staffed at all times and visitors receive a welcoming and efficient service
- Ensuring that the premises and grounds are maintained to a high standard
- Overseeing the provision of Portering, Housekeeping and Waste Management services
- Ensuring that there is a suitable regime of statutory health & safety compliance
- Managing all external lettings under the guidance of the Director of Finance & Operations
This is a very customer focused role and as such requires excellent verbal skills and strong organisational and influencing skills. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements, security and emergency procedures and reactive, routine and planned preventative maintenance. Substantial experience of premises management and managing staff is equally important.
Facilities management and health and safety qualifications are desirable, but not essential.
About the School:
Working at South Hampstead is stimulating, challenging and fun. Pupils are intelligent and inquisitive, energetic and engaging. We offer competitive salaries, generous employee benefits and a warm, supportive environment. There is a strong emphasis on Continuous Professional Development and on supporting teachers to engage with leading education research.
The School is part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools. We offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For more information and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is Monday 27th September 2021.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday 4th October 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.