An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a private organisation as a Building Manager.
The post will be working in the North West, on a permanent basis.
The post holder will have overall responsibility and management of facilities, ensuring the smooth running of the building, delivering first class customer service, statutory compliance, overseeing development of staff and maintaining budgetary control.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Deliver high levels of customer service and ensure customer satisfaction;
- Play a key role in implementing company policy at operational level;
- Take a ‘hands on role’, including working closely with the centre team and with the Board of Directors, promote a good team work environment and ensure the centre team are motivated;
- Ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with agreed budgets. This includes the achievement of all key performance indicators reference those set by the Company;
- Responsible for the drafting, monitoring, and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site(s);
- Carry out regular inspection audits of the site(s) and take/organise remedial action when required;
- Ensure the agreed planned maintenance programme is carried out according to the timetable;
- Make certain that the building remains compliant at all times;
- Conduct regular inspections of the building fabric and take appropriate action when required;
- Work with key stakeholders and external consultants in ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place;
- Compile and maintain records relating to the site(s); e.g., asset register, plans, plant testing, etc., taking any action which may be required;
- Nurture and develop an effective working relationship with the tenants and ensure operational queries raised by them are dealt with efficiently;
- Chair, where relevant, tenant meetings, and participate accordingly;
- Ensure all health and safety audits are carried out in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions complete on time, and in accordance with Health & Safety requirements;
- Hold responsibility for Environmental management on site, in compliance with client policies;
- Ensure fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the health and safety requirements. This includes updating the emergency plan and related site maps;
- Liaise with local authorities as appropriate;
- Oversee and manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved, including on site and external contractors;
- Produce regular management reports in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Hold direct line management responsibility of onsite personnel;
- Ensure all personnel are trained in accordance with the needs of their roles. This includes regular performance reviews, setting objectives for appraisals and general people management;
- Oversee and regularly review the work carried out by contractors.
- Significant experience of building and facilities management (5-10 years minimum);
- Confidence, and the ability to maintain and ensure high standards at all times.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com