An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Head of Estates.
The post will be based in the North West, initially on an interim basis for 9 months.
Responsible and professionally accountable to the Director of Estates & Facilities for the overall management of all Estates operations, including Building & Engineering services. Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Deliver the service within allocated budget, whilst identifying Divisional pressures and contributing to the Directorate TEP's;
- Liaise with Senior Management throughout Divisions for Estates services in accordance with national standards, mandatory controls and corporate policies and strategies;
- Provide expert specialist and professional construction, building and or engineering advice to other estates staff, directors, senior management, and other associated stakeholders;
- Manages the Estates and Technical Services Division including recruitment, induction, training, health and Safety, supervision, discipline, appraisal, development, and welfare of all staff;
- Contribute to the Estates Condition & Statutory Investment Plan advising on capital investment in the Estate within a framework which is aware of the future Estate Strategy and Development proposals;
- Manage the Estates and Technical Services budgets, identifying resource requirements and controlling expenditure within allocated budgets, including achievement of income targets and the identification and delivery of identified Estate TEP's;
- Develop the organisation’s Energy Management Policy including procurement of energy and utilities with a view to reducing carbon footprint;
- Prepare a Service Development Plan for the Division demonstrating vision in relation to sustained development of a client centered service;
- Provide leadership for and line manages the specialist in house estates maintenance services;
- Ensure robust Governance arrangements are in place for all Estates related activities;
- Procure outsourced estate maintenance services from specialist contractors, ensuring appropriate quality standards are set and delivered;
- Responsible for the management of the mobile decontamination facility deployed in support of a CBRN incident handled by the A & E Department;
- Ensure the department operates a well-managed operationally effective service, having in place robust and efficient systems and processes relating to all activities.
- A relevant Diploma or Degree in an engineering discipline;
- Experience of operational management of buildings & engineering systems at intermediate level;
- Demonstratable experience of managing operational services in a Hospital environment/within the NHS;
- Proven ability to develop quality assurance and customer satisfaction programmes;
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments on complex, organisation wide activities;
- Specialist skills in management and operation of High and Low voltage electrical systems, medical gases and medical vacuum systems, steam generation and distribution, healthcare ventilation systems, legionellae control and medical equipment decontamination.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.