My client is a leading Student accommodation developer with a significant national portfolio.
As a result of continued growth and development they require an Assistant Development Manager to enable the continued rapid growth and expansion of the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to move into a “Development Managers role in a fast paced organisation.
The Assistant Development Manager (ADM) will work closely with the Development Managers and Asset Management Team at early stages to understand and input into shaping larger accretive works. The ADM will then support the delivery of projects, including assisting in handing over to the Operations and the Property Management team.
- Support the DMs to provide early stage advice to the Asset Management team as to cost, time and practicalities for new projects and larger accretive works to the existing estate
- Assist in processes to obtain and review information on prospective new sites through technical due diligence
- Actively input to the process to obtain consents and review costs
- Support to build and maintain cost plans for projects, modelling cash flows tailored to each project and deal structure
- Support the building and management of external teams, to deliver all stages of projects in a timely fashion
- Support the DMs as required to ensure efficient communication with Developers for forward funded projects, and internal teams
- Support the DMs to organise and lead the process to obtain all necessary internal stakeholder consents, as well as driving external teams to achieve milestones to programme
- Pro-actively manage project risks
- You must have a demonstrable understanding of UK planning processes CDM and building regulations. You'll be highly numerate and analytical, with a commercial mindset as you'll be required to interpret and act on complex written and financial data.
- You'll need to have strong project management skills, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with a track record of dealing with complex matters
- To succeed in this challenging role, you will possess a relevant property qualification and have experience of managing a significant varied workload.
- Commercially aware, you will be confident dealing with a wide range of people, possess excellent communication skills .