An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Senior Estates Officer.
The post will be based in the North West, initially on an interim basis for 6 months, with the potential for extension to cover maternity.
The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of professional management throughout facilities & estate engineering and building operations including planned maintenance and defect maintenance. Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Support the Estates & Facilities General Manager in the implementation of policy and service development;
- Deputise for the Estate & Facilities General Manager in their absence;
- Provide engineering and building services leadership, ensuring effective maintenance programs are developed to meet statutory requirements, minimise risk and provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients, staff, and visitors;
- Support the Estates & Facilities General Manager in the service delivery of soft FM services for the Care Organisation;
- Assist the Estates & Facilities General Manager in providing advice and initial design input in the preparation of capital schemes to deliver effective facilities, which minimise revenue costs;
- Support the Estates & Facilities General Manager in developing the estate operations in line with the corporate objectives of the organisation;
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of contractors including specialist contractors dealing with highly complex plant and equipment;
- Undertake the role of Authorised Person across building and engineering services as required.
- Responsible for the performance of all estate engineering and building operations, ensuring the development & maintenance of the highest standards for the benefit of patients, visitors, & staff;
- Plan and organise engineering and building services shutdowns or break ins for maintenance or new works;
- Provide a responsive maintenance service to pre-determined time scales and standards;
- When on call have responsibility for all Estates services and disciplines on the site.
- Produce and manage the on-call rotas for the Estates Officers and Trade Staff;
- At all times to carry Trust communication devices to facilitate immediate response to emergencies;
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with other divisions, services, and outside agencies regarding operational estate issues;
- Provide advice and support to the Estates & Facilities GM on estate engineering issues;
- Support with the Estates & Facilities General Manager in developing excellent relationships with all external stakeholders.
- A HNC/Degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Electric Engineering or Construction or equivalent;
- Experience in both engineering and operational management;
- The ability to work on own initiative without supervision.
- A good team worker who can work effectively with clinical, managerial, and other colleagues;
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations;
- Extensive knowledge of all highly complex Hospital Technical Memorandums [HTMs].
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org