About the role
We are hiring for a Property Infrastructure Specialist who will join our friendly and experienced team who deliver the facilities services for the NFU Mutual property estate.
NFU Mutual has a wide range of properties across the UK, including our flagship head-office in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Our Properties Department provide the business, it’s staff and agents with high quality, safe and secure premises from which to work.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technically knowledgeable building Infrastructure Specialist to lead feasibility exercises, installations and support our property IT infrastructure and associated services across the UK to ensure they meet requirements for new properties and day to day operations and in business continuity situations.
Key duties will include:
- Feasibility checks on potential premises for Infrastructure (network and telephony) solutions can be provided in line with our requirements and budgets (including consultation with IT, Asset Managers, Landlords and Building Managers).
- Support, oversee and facilitate the installation, moves and changes of IT infrastructure and equipment (such as network and telephony circuits, fixed data, power cabling, audio visual systems, franking machines ) for all relocations, reconfigurations, alterations, fit-outs and refurbishments in line with NFUM requirements to ensure all sites are operationally ready.
- Produce infrastructure budgets for property projects: feasibility, financial authorisation and project delivery stages.
- Manage contract terms and pricing for delivery of infrastructure services and equipment in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Manage contractors and out-sourced partners on-site to ensure quality and standards meet business requirements.
- Research, identify and recommend technology developments and solutions for new requirements to ensure our technology remains compatible and current.
- Build and enhance relationships across the business (especially with Group IT and the Premises teams) and with third parties.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a flexible Properties Infrastructure Specialist who can balance their technical knowledge alongside project management, relationship building, and problem-solving ability.
You will have the following skills/experience
- A sound understanding of networks and telephony systems
- Managing third party suppliers and contract management
- Business continuity planning
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Managing budget and meeting financial/business objectives
- Understanding of Audio/Visual installations
- AutoCAD user desirable and proficient with Microsoft office applications
- Ability to work effectively with the existing IT infrastructure and to keep up to date with new developments in technology and applications.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and to achieve project objectives to tight deadlines
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel across the UK (a pool car will be provided for travel)
- Project Management qualification
- ITIL qualification in Service Management
- Working at heights certification for ladders and mobile towers.
- City & Guilds accredited Basic electrical or equivalent
What we can offer
At NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021. When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary – Up to £40,000 (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual Policies
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years. As an employee you are very important to us. We empower and inspire you to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward you for your contribution.
At NFU Mutual we look for people like you, who have customers at the heart of what you do. You recognise that your customers’ financial lives can only benefit by having a financial plan in place that reflects their circumstances both now and in the future.
Closing date: 29th October 2021.