Informal Homeworking Option Available
About the role
Join our Properties Department as a Facilities Technical Services Lead and you will get the chance to work with a friendly and experienced team who deliver the facilities services for the NFU Mutual property estate,
NFU Mutual has a wide range of properties across the UK, including our flagship head-office in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Our Properties Department provide the business, it’s staff and agents with high quality, safe and secure premises from which to work.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technically knowledgeable Facilities professional to add significant value to NFU Mutual by taking the lead on a wide range of complex projects and ensuring continuous improvement in all areas of our service delivery.
Duties will include:
Supplier relationship management. Ownership for reviewing contract performance, statutory compliance, environmental considerations and ongoing due diligence. Ensuring contractual obligations/objectives are fulfilled by suppliers.
Technical lead on mechanical, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and building controls (BMS). Assess and respond to maintenance/service issues, overseeing maintenance to maintain effective use and operation of buildings and installed plant and equipment.
Support both the business and department responses to any disaster recovery or business continuity events.
Manage in-house facilities teams, contractors and out-sourced partners on-site to drive performance, quality and standards (including Environmental, Social and Governance targets)
Report and analyse data (such as reports regarding helpdesk, financial, BMS, Suppliers and Energy) to improve service, reduce cost and reduce energy consumption
Budget management and contribution to the department financial planning cycle to ensure accurate budgets, forecasts and life cycle replacement programmes are accounted for.
Lead tenders, write approval reports and negotiate contract T&Cs
Lead the set up and mobilisation of new contracts ensuring smooth implementation and communication to the business
Build great relationships (regular contact and communication) with key stakeholders, obtain and act on feedback and drive continuous improvement.
Lead, manage and motivate and develop line report
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a Facilities Management professional with wide reaching technical knowledge in all areas of hard FM services (i.e., M&E, HVAC and BMS) to drive performance, quality and standards. You will have experience delivering successful projects and providing exception customer service throughout.
The successful candidate will possess significant experience in
- Contract management and reviews
- Budget management and forecasting Life cycle replacement programmes
- Contractual and commercial negotiations
- Energy and utility management.
- Experience of Health and Safety management (inc. the delivery of statutory inspections and ensuring a high compliance rate).
- Data analysis experience (able to collate and analyse data from multiple sources to inform performance and continuous improvement).
- Experience of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Excellent communication Relationship and influencing skills with key stakeholders
- Full driving licence and a willingness to travel across the UK to various sites/properties (a pool car is provided for these journeys).
- Confidence with business technology and experience of using Microsoft Office.
- Qualifications NEBOSH/IOSH desirable or willingness to work towards BIFM/IWFM qualifications desirable or willingness to work towards.
What we can offer
At NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021. When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary – Up to £45,000 (depending on experience) Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts Gym subsidy Health and wellbeing plan Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual Policies
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years. As an employee you are very important to us. We empower and inspire you to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward you for your contribution.
At NFU Mutual we look for people like you, who have customers at the heart of what you do. You recognise that your customers’ financial lives can only benefit by having a financial plan in place that reflects their circumstances both now and in the future.
Closing date for applications: 29th October 2021