An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Head of Capital Development.
The post will be based in South Central England on an interim basis for 3 months, at a Band 8c.
The post holder will take lead responsibility for the organisation’s Major Capital Development Programme as directed within the Major Capital Works Plan, ensuring the most effective planning, development, delivery, and financial management of all services is provided.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Provide and receive highly complex information;
- Communicate estates & facilities policies and technical information to Senior Managers, Directors, and Care Group Leads;
- Conduct high level negotiations with contractors, consultant parties, local authority officers and others;
- Take a technical and professional lead on identified issues related to the management of Capital Developments, and provide accurate up to date advice to the Deputy Director of Estates & Facilities;
- Plan, develop, and monitor the delivery of the major capital elements of the organisation’s Capital programme, including the 5-year rolling plan and ten-year strategic review, incorporating all major projects, the retained estate programme and estate property/utilisation programme to enable the efficient use of the Estate and general lifecycle replacement programmes;
- Hold accountability for estates capital construction matters and for strategic development;
- Responsible for providing a safe environment and reducing risk for patients, staff, and visitors in respect to estates capital development works;
- Procure/manage appointed external capital project consultants and associated contracts as required, e.g., NEC, P22, JCT etc;
- Manage the externally appointed capital development team, project consultants and contractors;
- Interpret legislative, land and property and other policy requirements on Estates for the organisation and advise the Deputy Director of Estates & Facilities, Board, sub-organisations on appropriate E&FM capital related matters;
- Possess full financial management and accountability of all major projects;
- Lead on the procurement of the contractor / delivery team, taking responsibility for the management of that team & the external design team and for the delivery of outputs to ensure that they meet the brief;
- Lead the delivery of the Capital programme through the construction and commissioning stages by managing the administration of the design and construction contract and liaising with other stakeholders as necessary.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Chartered membership of an appropriate construction related, or engineering professional institution;
- Experience of delivering Estates, Facilities & Capital Construction & Equipment Projects in a healthcare setting;
- Proven track record of successful and sustained management in an NHS trust or similar organisation;
- Project Director/Senior Project Manager experience of similar sized capital programmes from early stages through to the delivery of commissioned facilities;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and direct the resource needs of a team working to tight deadlines.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on email@example.com