An opportunity has arisen, with Runnymede Borough Council (RBC), for an experienced building services professional to join the team providing high quality facilities and contracts management of our assets to all our stakeholders which includes: Retailers, Residents and Visitors, along with Officers within Civic Centre. Assisting the Building Services Manager and working with the Facilities and Contracts Manager the successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of running and operating an efficient estate. This is a multi-functional role spanning several sites that encompasses, security, cleaning and maintenance repair, mechanical and electrical aspects ability to secure and deliver contracts that deliver value for money across the companies and RBCs portfolio.
▪ Indirectly supervising Building Maintenance Operatives: co-ordination, management and maintenance of assets, all buildings (Civic Centre, Addlestone1, Magna) and our estate including car parks, retail units and residentials
▪ Emergency response for all stakeholders
▪ Providing key information for the preparation and presentation of accounting and management reports to the Corporate Head of Service
▪ Ensuring correct procedures are in place when contactors undertake work and sign off where appropriate both commercial and residential
Successful candidate will demonstrate/have:
▪ Knowledge of fire assessments, health, and safety, building management systems
▪ BTEC or equivalent qualification in building maintenance, engineering or construction management
▪ Experience of mixed use portfolio
▪ Ideally knowledge of space planning within an office environment
The role requires working on a rota basis including some weekends to ensure cover across all our buildings within our portfolio
If you believe you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting journey, please apply by upload your CV together with an accompanying statement outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience match the requirements of the role.
Full information, including the Job Description, Person Specification, and other details about Runnymede Borough Council, are available in the Extra Information attachment on the website.
If it is difficult for you to apply on-line, please contact Human Resources via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please provide an email address where possible as you will be contacted by email if you are selected to attend for an interview.
Closing date: 14 October 2021 Job Ref: 959CS