An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as an Estates Manager.
The post will be in the North West, initially on an interim basis for 12 months, with the possibility of extension, at a Band 7. The client will consider people with the right skill set, irrelevant of whether or not they have NHS experience.
The post holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of the engineering planned preventative maintenance system, including continuous performance monitoring against KPI’s to meet service delivery and statutory legislation.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Responsible for provision of technical services, advice and guidance to maintenance teams, project teams, designers, consultants, and contractors working on the Estate;
- Oversee the appointment, management and monitoring of contractors undertaking planned preventative maintenance activities;
- Develop and monitor the annual life cycle maintenance programme;
- Critically evaluate design criteria, solutions and advise Directors on compliance issues;
- Conduct high-level briefing of technical requirements and assimilation of information into specifications, drawings, and other tender documentation;
- Present technical papers to board members and committees, ensuring understanding across all levels;
- Responsible for the Management of Engineering Estates budgets and Contracts, requisition materials, equipment, and certify invoices and receipts in accordance with estates practice;
- Support and deliver extensive backlog and minor works projects technical requirements, ensuring complex technical issues are resolved;
- Monitor and ensure that the operation and maintenance of Estates services, buildings & building service installations comply with health service requirements & statutory instruments;
- Liaise with all statutory bodies, local authorities, and utilities;
- Author and execute the Estates Business Continuity Plans ensuring regular review and updates as the Estate changes, providing recommendations to the Head of Estates and Senior Estates Managers for improvements to the plan;
- Ensure compliance for Continuing Professional Development by attending appropriate seminars, courses, websites and researching relevant literature;
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate Health and Safety training where necessary and the utilisation of necessary equipment to reduce/eliminate personal risks and ensure contractual compliance by all site agents, staff, and contractors;
- Investigate Estates related incidents, write reports as required, ensuring that all necessary actions are carried out to resolve the problem.
- Must have had operational control of a budget of £1M+;
- Experience of carrying out technical and non-technical audits to ISO 9001:2008 criteria;
- In depth working knowledge of building and engineering systems and theoretical principles across building, mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems;
- A high level of technical experience within building and engineering environments.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com