This is a newly created role, reporting to the Divisional Managing Director for the Public Sector, you will be supporting a variety of projects, proposals and bids with varying levels of complexity. The initial focus is on a challenging PFI contract that will require a great deal of attention. Once this contract is in a better place the wider scope to the commercial role will develop looking across a broad portfolio of PFI projects mainly in education and health. With strong commercial experience and legal skills, you will be able to lead the operations teams through the handback negotiations with various governing bodies and central government departments, advise the management board on any issues or conflicts and report on the commercial risk profile of the contracts. Your experience will also contribute to the continuous improvement of their internal commercial management and governance processes. This is a home based role with UK travel to clients and the office network as necessary
- Legal and commercial acumen with contract models
- Experience in the Public sector post contracting commercial management
- Managed and advised through contract issues, disputes, negotiations
- Understands delivery of support services, including hard and soft FM
- Involved in contract activity across services within Central Government, Health, Education
- Has an awareness and some experience in the PFI expiry (handback) process
- Understands PFI models and able to walk through the complexity to assist both clients and operations to see innovative ways through ambiguity
My client provides specialist risk focussed workplace management and property management services to a wide range of complex clients throughout the UK. Operating in the corporate, healthcare, education, retail & leisure and local authority & central government sectors, they create and implement bespoke solutions to improve the performance and value derived from non-core activity. In particular they manage 28 PFI contracts, where 7 are reaching expiry within the next 2 to 5 years.
As part of their need to grow their capability they need to bring on board an expert in dealing with the commercial challenges of public sector and PFI contracts to support the front operations team in navigating through the contractual complexity of a PFI contract. This is a growing business with the real chance to carve out a niche for yourself in a newly created role.