The Sherborne Girls estate complements its heritage, including a mix of old and modern facilities within well-established and picturesque grounds. The Facilities Management department has a long-established approach to operating and maintaining the estate, with in-house technical and trade capability. As a full-boarding school Sherborne Girls has a growing need in the scale of work associated with minor building and refurbishment projects relating to the School’s overall strategy. Members of the Facilities Management department work together as an effective team in support of a range of School activities and projects.
The Director of Estates and Facilities will lead the strategic management of all Facilities Management functions to maintain optimum accommodation, environmental and support service standards for the School.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree or professional qualification, preferably in Building Surveying, Facilities Management or Project Management.
- Substantial experience in estates or facilities management role.
- Working knowledge of contractual compliance from tender design, selection and contract management.
- Experience of organising and leading a team.
- Experience of the delivery of building and construction projects.
- A full understanding of statutory legislation as it relates to the built environment.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Driving licence
Skills and Abilities
- Able to use initiative, organise, prioritise and delegate
- High level of influencing and negotiating skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to identify and implement improvements in existing systems
- Able to produce and present reports to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Commitment to establishing and maintaining good working relations with colleagues, customers and partners
- A practical approach to issues and challenges
- Desire to make a difference
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes