Position Title: Trades Helper
Location: US Embassy, London
Closing Date: December 14, 2021
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: £31,624 gross starting salary per annum
- Performance Related Pay System
- Pension Scheme
- BUPA Membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Season Ticket Loan
- Generous Annual Leave & Sick Leave
- Paid Public Holidays (UK & US)
Are you looking for a job within a stable working environment, with a regular wage and paid public holidays? Do you work well in a team environment?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then this job is for you!
The Facility Management section, at the US Embassy in London, is looking for an experienced hardworking Trades Helper / Truck Driver to join their tradesmen team and turn their hand to all tasks given, to include:
- Performing semi-skilled work assisting skilled workers in the performance of duties related to electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, heating, carpentry and minor construction and building trades work
- Participating in repair work with a skilled tradesman at functional and government owned/leased residential properties
- Reporting needs for preventative and remedial maintenance to the supervisor
- Recording time required for work performed, ordering, and reporting materials used
- Driving a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Class II truck in support of Facilities Management (FM) and Post activities
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) Level 1 in any facility maintenance trade or an equivalent academic qualification is required.
Experience in either building maintenance work or as a Trades Helper is required.
Good working knowledge of English is required.
ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS FOR THIS VACANCY MUST SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION VIA THE ELECTRONIC RECRUITMENT APPLICATION (ERA) – THIS CAN BE DONE BY SELECTING THE APPLY BUTTON SHOWN.