We work hard and play hard at LIL. Our strong sense of community stands out and this comes from our cultural awareness, collaborative approach to work and a strong, shared desire for our school to be successful. We come to work every day knowing our purpose and how we contribute to something bigger than ourselves. Hot drinks and laughter are a regular sight on our campus!
- Additional annual leave offered e.g Christmas break;
- Free 3-course meal daily, equivalent to £1,500/annum non-taxable during term time;
- Discount at nearby businesses;
- Perkbox reward account paid for by the business;
- % contribution to language classes (French or English);
- Culture of wellbeing and health;
- Pension scheme;
- Fabulous work spaces, games rooms, zen den for relaxation, prayer room;
- Open-minded, hard working, talented and creative team members;
- Climate of development and growth;
- Free team and coffee (bring your reusable mug).
To provide efficient and effective support to the Premises & Security manager in the day-to-day running of the School’s facilities. Additionally, the postholder will be expected to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure that instructions specified by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will be interested in working with young people. You will contribute [using positive discipline] to the education of our students. You may, on occasion, oversee some school community service of students, supervise on-site student balls alongside colleagues and work school events. There is therefore some overtime in this role.
£21-24,000 dependent upon experience & qualifications. 40 hours per week (5.6 weeks holiday). Monday to Friday (1-hour unpaid lunch) timings TBC. Some relief shift work to cover Holidays/Sickness/busy periods and callouts.
What your day will look like
- assist with maintaining the security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the School’s requirements;
- undertake “handypersons” duties as directed by the Premises & Security manager;
- assist in maintaining appropriate records;
- respond to emergencies with gas, electricity and water and, if necessary, liaise with the Premises & Security manager;
- ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary;
- undertake porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture;
- assist with any periodic planned preventative maintenance as required;
- comply with the requirements of Health and& Safety, other relevant legislation and Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill policies;
- undertake continued professional development to maintain and enhance your skills and create opportunities;
- carry out any other reasonable ad-hoc duties within the overall function of the team.
What we're looking for
- You speak professional English (French is not needed but a bonus);
- GCSE or equivalent;
- Working towards or willing to work towards appropriate qualifications e.g IWFM/IOSH/NEBOSH Qualification;
- Proactive and can-do attitude;
- Knowledge of basic site maintenance and good practices in building services, i.e. heating, plumbing, carpentry;
- Professional flexibility and ability to work as part of a team;
- Display commitment to safeguarding and protection of children;
- Rational, respectful and patient under pressure;
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances;
- Computer literate (for emails and maintenance software).
We continually strive to lead with our mission and values that enable our team to develop to the best of themselves and come as they are; engaging in an open and inclusive work space.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18. Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.