We are the QEII Centre, the largest dedicated conference and exhibition space in central London. Our venue offers world- class facilities for high profile conferences, conventions, exhibitions, and events, hosting over 400 national and international events each year. Our clients are central to everything we do and as such, continuous improvement of our customer service is vital. We are proud to have won many prestigious awards over the years.
We believe that our people are the key to our success and employees sit at the heart of our work, from our award-winning in-house caterers QEII Taste, through to our experienced AV and IT teams. Everything we do is underpinned by our Values and our dedication to putting our clients first. This is an exciting opportunity to join us as we continue to return to event delivery over the coming months.
The QEII Centre is circa 27,000 Square Metres in size and is set out over 13 floors (including 3 basement levels). Equipped with 18 passenger/goods lifts, 6 plantrooms, 3 cooling towers, 3 ammonia chillers and 3 boilers it requires experience and knowledge to ensure we stay operational and compliant. The Operations department ensure the smooth running of the site and the delivery of excellent customer service both internal and external. Being on point with our hard and soft service contractors and managing sub-contractors to deliver projects and routine maintenance is key to the success of both the department and the wider Centre.
You will be responsible for the effective management and delivery of both hard and soft services, utilities, security and health & safety at the Centre. As a departmental budget holder, you will work with the Director of Operations and apply best practice to create the Centre’s annual maintenance budget. You will be accountable for the budget, presenting monthly reports on variances and savings. You will represent the Centre’s ethos and ethics by ensuring that all internal and external Clients receive outstanding, award winning service.
- As the Deputy to the Director of Operations, the role is the main lead on day-to-day FM operations and all matters pertaining to the adherence of the Centre's Health & Safety Policy.
- Project management of capital refurbishment projects and all small works.
- Primary liaison with our procured service partners (hard and soft services), to reconcile any variable costs against budget and job specification, to ensure that fixed contracted services are being delivered to the agreed standard/SLA.
- Management of fixed assets, ensuring the Director of Operations is informed of matters relating to the life cycle of our legacy plant and machinery.
- To conduct and document daily building inspections fabric, M&E, cleaning, pest control and security deficiencies are reported to our service partners
- To liaise with the House of Lords Decant Project Team to facilitate/ supervise both visual and intrusive surveys at the Centre.
- To lead on our sustainability planning and all environmental matters.
- Review and maintain the Centre’s Business Continuity plan arrangements ensuring they are fit for purpose and regularly tested.
Health and Safety
- To work with the Director of Operations to maintain the Centre’s Health & Safety Policy and to ensure all staff training pertaining to health and safety is kept up to date.
- To manage the online incident reporting system for the Centre ensuring that all incidents, accidents and near misses are investigated and documented.
- Advise HR on disability and occupational health and safety risks.
- To manage the soft service partner security contract, ensuring a 24-hour manned service is maintained, that all legal compliance is adhered to and that all operations are in line with Security Industry guidance.
- To attend and participate within local Business Security working groups.
- To lead and manage team members, providing effective coaching, 1:1 meetings and robust line management
- To attend industry networking events and to monitor competitors.
- To maintain an up-to-date awareness of competitive trends, industry innovations and building regulations and legislation.