UCAS is at the heart of connecting people to higher education.
UCAS is the world’s leading shared admissions service for higher education. We provide application services for UK universities and colleges as well as delivering a wide range of research, consultancy and advisory services to schools, colleges, careers services, professional bodies and employers.
We’re a successful and fast-growing organisation, which helps hundreds of thousands of people every year. We're committed to delivering a first-class service to all of our customers — they're at the heart of everything we do.
Business Unit description
Finance and Corporate Services
Our Finance and Corporate Services business unit is a fusion of multiple functions including legal and compliance, along with— financial planning and accounting, facilities and building management, procurement, programme and project management, corporate governance, information governance and performance. The Finance Team also defines UCAS' financial strategy
About the role Contractual Hours 35.00
About the role
Working in a proactive and reactive way to deliver a first class office experience for our people/client / customer. Working with key building stakeholders (Estates, EUC, IT etc) ensuring that the facilities on offer / provided in the office are delivered to a high and consistent standard. Working with customers to understand their office requirements. Supporting key stakeholders in delivering business events. Co-ordinating stakeholders to ensure services are delivered in a timely and seamless manner to the customer.
- Stakeholder management of the floor occupiers, developing key contacts in each team
- Managing requests for adjustments to room layouts and ensuring rooms are ready for use
- Monitoring the cleanliness of the office space and working with cleaning contractors to rectify issues
- Monitoring and arranging the catering offer for meetings and key UCAS events.
- Day to day management of the desk and room booking system
- Manage the central printer hubs and supplies, ensuring stocks are replenished and any issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Identify any issues on the office floors and ensure timely resolution
- Resolve any room booking conflicts or issues with stakeholders Work with the Estates team and other support services to ensure service standards are maintained
- Develop SLAs that ensure that the end user experience in the office are met
Skills, qualifications, and experience
- Previous experience of facilities provision in a large office environment
- Previous experience of planning and support of events
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety with IOSH qualification
- Practical knowledge of audio-visual equipment for meetings and presentations
- Previous experience of desk booking systems administration
- Solutions focussed to ensure outcomes are achieved
- IT literate: able to use Microsoft Office packages
- Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining positive, effective relationships and partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders and customers across all levels
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise changing workloads in a busy, fast paced environment
- Able to plan and organise work to achieve the required result to deadline under minimal direction or instruction
- Offers excellent levels of customer service at all times and in all situations
- Able to think ahead and anticipate and plan requirements
- A strong negotiator and networker.
- Confident to constructively challenge the status quo and to challenge through evidence-based recommendations.
- Experience of understanding and mitigating risks.
Salary - up to 25000
- 30(!)days annual leave (plus 3 concessionary days over Christmas and your bank holidays!)
- A generous pension scheme
- Hundreds of high street discounts and offers with Perkbox
- Internal training and development
- Subsidised gym and café
- Be rewarded for going above and beyond with our ex-gratia bonus scheme and Celebrating U, our quarterly employee recognition scheme