We now have an opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join us to manage, monitor and negotiate all contracts related to building services and preventative planned maintenance.
This is a key position in which you will deputise for and assist the Head of Facilities in delivering a full and seamless service.
Other responsibilities will include:
● Leading operational contact for fire, security and service/maintenance contractors
● Performing health and safety management and monitoring tasks
● Supporting and advising all staff, partners and visitors on facilities matters
● Delegating and assigning work and providing direction, support and constructive feedback for team members
● Complying with the financial regulations when preparing requisitions and authorising invoices and credit notes
● Ensuring that the College estate is regulatory compliant and maintained in good working order
We are looking for someone with:
● Proven experience in a similar role with line management of a small team
● An IOSH / NEBOSH qualification or prepared to gain qualification
● An NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical or mechanical maintenance
● Demonstrable experience in managing contracts
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Knowledge of current statutory regulations and codes of practice
● Excellent knowledge of building services
● Experience implementing, monitoring and managing a PPM calendar
At RCoA diversity, equality and inclusion is an integral part of our culture so it is important to us that this is reflected in everything that we do. We welcome applications from all individuals irrespective of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, marital status or parental responsibilities to ensure we actively embrace an inclusive and representative culture that encourages, supports and celebrates our differences.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to candidates on their application. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted after the closing date.
Closing date for applications: 13th May 2022
The Royal College of Anaesthetists is the professional body responsible for the specialty throughout the UK. We are the third largest medical royal college in the UK by membership. With a combined membership of more than 24,000 Fellows and Members, we ensure the quality of patient care by safeguarding standards in the three specialties of anaesthesia, intensive care and pain medicine.