We are currently recruiting a Health and Safety Manager working for a large healthcare organisation based in the East of England.
The post holder will lead a team to monitor and ensure compliance with statutory Health & Safety legislation, carry out inspections/ audits of the organisation’s Health & Safety practices, and deliver relevant training.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Manage all aspects of Health and Safety, ensuring the organisation adheres to its legal obligations, including developing, implementing, and managing systems and processes;
- Provide specialist advice on Health and Safety to other Departments/Divisions, Executive Directors, Directors, and Senior Managers, and act as a focal point for all departments;
- Develop, maintain, and take strategic ownership of monitoring and reporting tools within the organisation which can be used to demonstrate actions that are required to ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations that are in place;
- Take strategic ownership for the Health and Safety policy, procedures, training, and audits;
- Ensure inspections against the current policies and procedures are in place to make certain they are being adhered to, findings of which will be escalated to the Health and Safety committee;
- Guarantee that non-compliance notices from external bodies for Health & Safety are escalated and acted upon accordingly;
- Implement and maintain an incident reporting and recording system and work collaboratively with the Governance and Risk, Occupational Health & Wellbeing partners to provide a safe, healthy, and secure environment for staff, service users, visitors, and stakeholders;
- Develop an Annual Report for Health & Safety for the organisation Board, and devise strategic KPI’s for service improvement;
- Ensure that the Health & Safety department develop effective networks with external organisations and external bodies e.g., Health and Safety Executive, Environmental Health Department, Institute of Occupational Health & Safety;
- Accountable for the selection, recruitment, training, development, welfare and disciplining of staff in accordance with agreed policies and departmental procedures;
- Responsible for the co-ordination, monitoring and review of the use of financial resources within the Health & Safety budget.
- Experience working at management level, ideally within healthcare, pharmaceuticals, local authority or education;
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent;
- Evidence of continued professional development;
- The ability to undertake audits and inspections in line with procedures in place;
- Excellent IT Skills e.g., Microsoft Office.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com