An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large Healthcare organisation as a Estates Maintenance Manager.
The post will be offered as temporary with the opportunity to move to permanent, based in the East of England, at a band 7.
The post holder will manage small works and maintenance projects as assigned by senior management up to agreed values.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Liaise with the Operational Estates teams and organisation representatives to prepare technical specifications using BS, EN, Industry best practice and HTM guidance for competitive quotation and or tender;
- Management of Estate’s trade staff operatives along with contracted suppliers for service provision;
- Implement and improve on the Estates planned and reactive maintenance regimes using the organisation Archibus CAFM system and internal operating systems;
- Delivery of statutory, mandatory, and routine maintenance of all organisations building services plant and equipment;
- Management of sub-contracted services to ensure delivery and continuity of specified requirements;
- Track and monitor in-house revenue and contract budget expenditures;
- Write technical specifications of required works and prepare quotation and tender documentation in order that sub-contractors and in-house maintenance teams can present competitive costings;
- Co-ordination of project planning with the client and sub-contractors;
- Analysis costing returns with recommendations on the appointment of sub-contractors and suppliers in accordance with organisation financial guidelines;
- Complete all Mandatory Training as required by the organisation Policy;
- When nominated, undertake Authorised and Competent Persons training;
- Act appropriately with due regard for the patients and clinical staff when working within the hospital environment.
- BTEC HNC/ONC in Mechanical Engineering or BTCH HNC/ONC in Building Services or BTEC HNC/ONC in Electrical Engineering or BETC HNC/ONC in Building Construction;
- Full Current Driving License;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a multi-disciplined maintenance organisation, preferably within a healthcare environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and Asbestos Regulations;
- COSHH Regulations;
- Experience within key healthcare maintenance / engineering policy documents (HTMs);
- General Awareness of Budget Management and Preparation of tender specifications;
- Have a proven technical knowledge, skills and confidence required to manage a wide range of reactive and planned maintenance activities within a healthcare setting;
- Ability to supervise others when required, including external contractors.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com