An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large Healthcare organisation as a Sustainability Manager.
This a permanent role will be based at their HQ in either Oxfordshire or Hampshire, the salary between £47,126.00 to £53,219.00 with full NHS employee benefits.
The post holder will provide expert specialist and professional advice to identify and deliver improvements in the organisation’s energy and environmental performance / carbon footprint, by the cost-effective purchase of utility supplies and the implementation of energy saving technology wherever practicable.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Ensure systems are in place to carry out comprehensive sustainability impact and/or risk assessments to monitor environmental performance, analyse results. Implement regimes / introduce polices to minimise unexpected failures and minimise the risk of legislative non-compliance;
- Ensure that systems are in place for systematic and regular inspections of the organisations property portfolio from an environmental perspective to identify items in need of repair, replacement, or that are performing below design/acceptable levels;
- Liaise with all property managers where the organisation has an SLA. Monitor and analyse costs of SLA activity relating to the energy and environment;
- Experience of collation, analysis and dissemination of information or data;
- Able to anticipate risks or issues and develop appropriate management plans;
- Budget holder and accountable for allocated budget expenditure, interrogate variance figures identify remedial action where necessary;
- Manage staff & resources within allocated budget;
- Ensure that recruitment of champions is planned, controlled, and achieved;
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director of Estates ensure systems are in place to identify and undertake all necessary statutory environmental tests, tasks, audits and remedial works for all buildings, equipment, plant, service installation and supplies.
- Degree or equivalent in an environmental or energy related discipline or an appropriate equivalent or experience to Msc. Or equivalent;
- Demonstrable experience as, Sustainability Manager in the NHS or similar appropriate environment;
- Experience in budget management and control;
- Demonstrable experience in Risk Management;
- Energy Saving techniques and controls and legislation;
- Able to engage, motivate and develop others;
- Able to prioritise conflicting demands.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com