About the role:
The aim of the Ark Estates team is to work with our schools to ensure that our academies’ estates are well managed, maintained and operating to the highest standards for our pupils and staff so that they have a safe, warm, dry, and engaging environment in which to work and learn.
The Regional Facilities Manager will act as the point of contact for all estates and facilities matters (excluding IT) across a portfolio of a cluster of London schools in the network. You will provide advice and support on health and safety, premises and grounds maintenance, caretaking, security, vehicle maintenance, cleaning, refuse management, catering & building works, ensuring excellent standards and value for money.
The Regional Facilities Manager will also lead on all facilities matters in relation to the opening of new academies within the portfolio - carrying out due diligence audits and procuring and managing any pre-opening works as required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To support academy Principals and Operations Leads to identify learning needs for academy premises teams as required
- To provide expert guidance to academies on building maintenance and health and safety matters
- To advise academies as required on lettings arrangements
- Liaising with the Health & Safety Compliance Manager, to receive the annual Health and Safety/Fire Safety audits for academies in the portfolio, share these with Principals and support the academies in completing any actions arising from the audits, escalating appropriately where these are not completed in a timely manner
- To assist schools with the procurement and management of building / refurbishment works, following the Procurement Code of Practice
- To act as a champion on Ark’s Green objective, supporting academies to take steps to adopt sustainable practices
- Thorough understanding of the duties under the main pieces of UK H&S legislation, able to: recognise hazards and assess risks in the workplace (especially relating to premises), lead accident investigations, and monitor and review H&S performance (essential) Experience of using CAFM system(s)
- Experience of working in an education/ school setting (desirable)
- Skilled at contract management, engaging with the service provider / contractor to deliver as expected and constructively challenge poor performance.
- Drive and enthusiasm for delivering a quality support service that consistently produces positive and demonstrable impact
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
- As an Ark Schools staff member, you will have the opportunity to be part of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a salary average defined benefit pension scheme - this means you build up a guaranteed amount in your pension, payable for every year of your retirement
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. We also incubate start-up programmes (Ark Ventures) that improve the education system.
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by 10am on Thursday 26th May 2022 but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.