University College of Estate Management (UCEM) is a long-standing and leading provider of supported online education. We exist to provide accessible, relevant and cost-effective education which enhances careers, increases professionalism and leads to a better Built Environment; we are also very passionate about sustainability. Operating from the UK and Hong Kong we have a global reach, and at any one time over 3,500 students are studying online with us. UCEM passed its first ever inspection by Ofsted with flying colours after earning an overall rating of ‘Good’ in November 2021.
This is an exciting new opportunity to support UCEM in our ambition to be the world’s most sustainable university! Joining our expanding team of FM professionals, you will ensure UCEM buildings and working environments remain functional, efficient, and safe for all. You will play an integral part in our ambitious drive to net zero, championing sustainability initiatives, concentrating specifically on elements relating to carbon management, energy, and water management.
Your key responsibilities will centre around:
- Ensure that all building statutory testing takes place
- Proactively manage Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Ensure that internal systems, procedures, and processes support the delivery of UCEM’s sustainability aspirations
- Respond to any maintenance issues reported and liaise with the Head of Facilities and/or third parties to rectify any issues
- Be responsible for the effective management of carbon reduction projects from inception to completion
- Undertake building audits and Health & Safety checks
- Offer technical support and guidance concerning energy and water efficiency
- Conduct energy, emission and water audits and provide detailed findings and recommendations
To deliver these responsibilities, we are looking for somebody with:
- GCSE Maths and English Language Grade C or 4 or above
- Technical FM qualifications or extensive knowledge of Hard FM services with supporting experience
- Experience and knowledge of FM building operations
- Ability to undertake and write Risk Assessments
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- People management or supervisory experience
- Familiarity with Building Energy Management Systems
At UCEM we expect employees to demonstrate our values: Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Support. Student satisfaction and success are our main drivers and our people consistently report high levels of employee engagement; your contribution will be valued should you join us.
We have a very detailed job specification for this role so please, before applying, take a look: https://www.ucem.ac.uk/current-vacancies/
If you are unsure whether to apply for this vacancy but feel this role is exciting and want to find out more, we strongly encourage you to call the hiring manager (details below/within Job Specification) to discuss the role as well as your skills and experience.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Kathy Matthews on 0118 4672077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively contact the HR team on 0118 467 2433 / 2349 or email@example.com
To apply please send your CV, covering letter/email, and Recruitment Check Form by clicking the Apply button and filling out your details.
Monday 23 May 2022 at noon
Please note, applications may be reviewed as and when they are received, so you may be invited to interview ahead of the closing date. Interviews are normally carried out over Zoom or Microsoft Teams, however we may invite you to visit our Reading office.
NOTE TO AGENCIES
We do not use agencies as part of our recruitment process. We politely ask that you respect this decision and do not call our offices on seeing this advertisement; if you do, the same message will be repeated to you. Thank you for your co-operation.