An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Full Time Permanent Estates Facilities Manager at East Anglia Reserve Forces and Cadets Association (RFCA) based in Chelmsford, Essex.
East Anglia RFCA is one of 13 RFCAs across the UK and widely recognised as the most valuable, knowledgeable and authoritative body in support of the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force Reserve Forces and Cadet Organisations in East Anglia. The Association is an arms-length public body, apolitical and independent from the Ministry of Defence although funded by it to deliver its three mandated Defence outputs of managing the Reserve and Cadet Estates, Community and Employer Engagement, and support to Cadets.
The Estates team manage an impressive portfolio of around 200 Reserve Forces and Cadet sites across East Anglia and in addition to providing the management and upkeep of the estate, handle the acquisition and disposal of land and buildings, and adapt homes for injured service personnel.
Range of tasks include:
- Oversight of the MOD electrical & gas utility central contracts.
- Develop Spend to Save Initiatives in regards to Energy Efficiency.
- Managing the Association waste disposal contract to budget and within current legislation.
- Managing the Association grounds maintenance contract to budget.
- In conjunction with the Business Development Manager maximise revenue from hiring / letting of the Association built assets.
- Managing Association vehicle fleet procurement and disposal to programme and budget.
- Prioritising Service requests
The post would suit a pro-active FM Administrator looking to further their career and an individual that’s comfortable working to tight deadlines in an ever evolving, busy environment.
This post is for 42 hours per week including lunch breaks. This position attracts a current salary of £26,350 p.a. Additional benefits include a generous defined benefit pension scheme, annual leave of 25 days plus public holidays (rising to 30 days after 5 years of service), access to an Employee Assistance Programme and free on-site parking.
A full job description can be obtained from our website earfca.org.uk and CVs and covering letters are to be returned to:
Estates FM Vacancy
East Anglia RFCA
250 Springfield Road
Applicants will be asked to share examples of proactive behaviour, teamwork and problem-solving at interviews.
Closing date for applications is 2359hrs Monday 06 June 2022. Interviews for selected candidates will be held Thursday 16 June 2022 with a view for the successful candidate to start in July 2022.