We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Technician to join our team based in Broadstone, East Sussex. We will offer you a competitive salary of £32,000 per annum, Band D, Level 3, inclusive of Outer London Weighting and a market supplement.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Facilities Technician Role:
The successful candidate will join and expand the fast-paced Facilities Team at an exciting time for the Scout Association. A requirement for a skilled technician to develop our team has arisen and this could be you. Join our experienced team bursting with team spirit and strong work ethic to help provide all necessary improvements to run our sites for many to enjoy.
Every day provides a different but exciting opportunity to make change and better our sites through the effective use of your skills. We will encourage and work with you to enhance your career and develop with us.
You will be given freedom and flexibility to do your job, we encourage you to reach your full potential and show us how your training and experience can be applied within our team.
Does this sound like it is right for you? Apply and join our team.
Be part of a pivotal point in our development and work with our team to provide the best environment for all people using our facilities.
Key responsibilities as our Facilities Technician:
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Facilities Technician to help us to take care of our buildings and support the wider Facility operation to ensure we a providing a responsive and cost effective service. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about their role in the team and understand the daily challenges that are part and parcel of a busy; fast moving facilities department where no two days are the same in terms of both work and location. They will ideally have proven skill and experience as a plumber with the ability to complete multi-trade discipline work such as changing locks, lights and painting. They will be self-motivating and have the ability to self-prioritise work whether they are working independently or in a team.
What we are looking for in our Facilities Technician
- Working knowledge of building services and hot & cold piped systems
- Working knowledge and ability to use compliance, asset care and job progress systems
- Working knowledge of Statutory and Legislative requirements and Codes of Practice for relevant trade
- Ability to use Word, Excel. Internet and email systems
- Current industry training such as Part P. legionella awareness, asbestos awareness, COSHH, H&S, Manual handling, working at height, abrasive wheels, fire marshal and first aid (or willing to learn and go on course)
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent and completed a recognized City & Guilds or NVQ Diploma (or equivalent), in one of the following disciplines; with proven experience; Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry
- Working Knowledge of other trade disciplines with ability to complete multi trade work.
What we can offer you as our Facilities Technician
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Mon, 4 July 2022, 23:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.