Finegreen have an exciting opportunity to join an NHS organisation in London as the Water Safety/Legionella Compliance Manager.
The role will be based onsite, for an interim period of an initial 3 months, potential to be extended with an hourly rate of £34.86.
The post holder will be focused on ensuring the hospital's water system is maintained in a hygienic and safe state for the benefit of all our users in accordance with ACoP L8, HSG 274, Water Regulations and HTM04-01 guidelines. Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Linking with IPC ensure an up-to-date Water Safety Plan is in place and complied with in the directorate and wider trust via awareness and training delivery;
- Appointed Estates Responsible Person for Water in line with HTM 04;
- Ensure other required water safety related appointments are in place – e.g., Capital Responsible Person Monitor records to ensure all assessments and routine periodic inspections are undertaken;
- Undertake regular meetings with Contractors and other service providers as required to ensure a compliant service is being delivered;
- Monitor PPM reports from FM software, contract KPI’s, feedback forms, etc to assure compliance and expedite any non-compliant exceptions;
- Ensure appropriate monitoring systems are in place to track KPI’s, highlighting concerns and ensuring systems are in place to regularly report out;
- Manage the requirements for the 'minimisation and control of legionella and other water borne diseases' as responsible person (water) and the Management of Water Distribution systems;
- Monitor temperatures of domestic hot water and cold-water supplies to site and all activities required by legislation and HTMs. HTM04.01/L8, etc;
- Lead on the establishment of a PPM schedule for all water systems;
- Communicating and cascading relevant information, which may be contentious and/or complex to internal and external providers of services;
- Evaluate complex information and provide reports thereon;
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all estates plant, equipment and services including statutory inspections.
- HNC or equivalent water services related, or relevant experience and knowledge;
- Understanding of HTM’s, statutory and compliance requirements;
- Training on building services plant and equipment or Legionella training course;
- Considerable relevant trade experience post qualification;
- Able to maintain accurate and up to date records of repairs and maintenance in line with compliance regulations.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Kyle Hookway on 0161 416 6080 and send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability and rate.