An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large Healthcare organisation as a Deputy Facilities Manager.
The post will be working in Central London, on an interim basis for 3 months initially. The hourly rate will be £34.86, working inside IR35 (through an umbrella solution company).
To provide effective support for the day-to-day operational management of all facilities services and liaison with the soft FM contractors. Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Providing the full range of operational facilities services, including but not limited to the following; cleaning, catering, retail operations and vending, portering, security management, pest control, and window cleaning services across the site;
- The post holder will ensure compliance by the contractors for the provision of all soft FM services which form part of the PFI contract, as well as external service providers for car parking, waste management, linen, and scrubs services;
- Undertake environmental audits in ward areas, clinical environments including theatres, urgent care, outpatient facilities;
- Support the nursing staff to ensure the soft FM PFI contractor successfully completes ward/departmental deep cleans in accordance with bespoke programmes;
- Liaison with ‘expert patients’ and service users as part of service improvement reviews or environmental audits including the annual Patient Led Assessments of the Care Environment;
- Works in close partnership with clinical services in the development of training and awareness programmes for facilities staff that maintains service focus on delivering qualitative, efficient and compassionate services to patients, staff and visitors;
- Develop and maintains policies and procedures relevant to facilities services;
- Ensure compliance with all legislation affecting the services managed. Undertake Health & Safety reviews in conjunction with risk management, safety audits and monitoring and reviewing practices;
- Understand and comply with organisation directives, Health & Safety legislation, and all other statutory obligations;
- Support the senior management with the budgetary control of staff, labour, materials, and contracts;
- Undertake detailed analysis of facilities service provision as required and develop strategies and plans to improve services in a cost effective and efficient manner;
- Ensures that the organisations buildings and Facilities offer services that comply with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Degree or equivalent knowledge / or experience gained over several years in Facilities management or similar;
- Experience working within the NHS/ a healthcare setting with knowledge and skills within hotel services management or equivalent;
- Previous experience in operational facilities management;
- Experience of managing teams, managing contracts and contractors;
- Development of monitoring system, policies and procedures;
- Experience of collating information and producing comprehensive and detailed report writing;
- Budgetary management, control, planning and cost improvement initiatives;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please call on 0161 241 9672, or send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on firstname.lastname@example.org