- Location: Flexible within Central South Wales – Cardiff/Swansea/Neath
- Grade & Salary: 4,£27,003 rising to £30,688 over three years
- Post number: 201971
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: full time, 37 hours, flexible working possibilities
Closing date: 2 June 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The Facilities operational team are tasked with providing a safe and healthy built environment for NRW staff, and contractors, enabling them to carry out their duties effectively and for our customers to enjoy their visitor experience.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we maintain the above remit whilst effecting changes to improve our buildings so they are fit for future ways of working and reduce NRW’s carbon footprint, doing our bit to respond to the Climate Emergency.
This is an opportunity to work as part of a large, dispersed team across South Wales, supporting the Facilities Management function. Reporting to the Team Leader, you will oversee the day-to-day management of offices and depots across the built estate. This will involve coordinating planned preventative maintenance and remedial works, liaising with contract managers, and managing contractors. Through effective work planning you will coordinate the workload of the Facilities Assistants and Officers within your area. Working collaboratively with the FM Supervisor you will be required to create and develop robust workplans to ensure NRW’s statutory legal compliance obligations are met.
Your passion in providing great customer service to our staff and stakeholders will be integral. This is a hands-on role, working in a busy and dynamic environment. You will liaise with staff and hold consultation sessions to determine how we can create a better and more productive environment for our staff.
NRW holds the ISO14001 environmental and ISO45001 Health & Safety management accreditation and many of our tasks directly support these and are subject to audit scrutiny.
We are looking for a responsible, flexible, and pragmatic person, able to prioritise, plan and deliver works to the highest standard. We also expect high standards of excellence towards our customers, both internal and external.
Training will be provided and there are opportunities to undertake an IWFM apprenticeship and for career progression within the FM and Fleet function.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Level 4 qualification in Facilities Management or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety management relating to the Health and Safety at work act.
- Qualified or working towards qualification of NEBOSH, IOSH or similar H&S qualification.
- Experience of delivering both hard and soft Facilities services within a built environment.
- Experience of co-ordinating work within a facilities environment to include:
- Good understanding of using a Finance system and other software/applications to meet the requirements of your area of responsibility.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate confidently, with excellent customer service skills.
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to work under pressure using your own. initiative in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Good IT and accurate data entry skills.
- Experience of implementing change or process improvement would also be advantageous.
To apply, please visit our website.