Balfour Beatty are currently looking for a Facilities Manager to join our Balfour Beatty Investments team based on site in Brighton.
You'll lead and support the on site Facilities Management team to ensure a high level of service delivery is delivered to the University of Sussex, East Slope and West Slope development whilst also developing and maintaining excellent client and other stakeholder relationships, fostering a proactive can-do attitude in all daily undertakings.
What you'll be doing
As a Facilities Manager , you will have the following accountabilities:
- Lead and develop the on -site facilities management team.
- Provide management and oversight into the deployment of resources and tasks in line with the SLAs and agreed working procedures.
- Liaise with the Client and SPV (and their supply chain where relevant) on the programming of works or associated activities.
- Provide regular reports as required by contract or as request from the SPV and line management.
- Annual budget setting and financial control.
- Track and update recharge trackers and hold hold monthly finance meetings.
- Tender, negotiate and appoint specialist suppliers.
- Manage the supply chain, ensure contractors are inducted and necessary permits are issued.
- Ensure that processes associated to claims for student damage, temporary repair plans and other associated matters are undertaken within contract parameters.
- Provide Commercial Leadership to the ESRFM Ltd team.
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are achieved and recorded to prove compliance.
- Ensure all matters relating to Health and Safety are applied and maintain the standards of Zero Harm.
- Assist in the mobilisation of the West Slope residences development.
- Track and manage contractual performance in particular Pre-planned and Reactive maintenance tasks.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- Hold as a minimum, a HND or Degree level qualification in building service engineering, construction or facilities management related qualification.
- Ideally have experience in providing facilities management services in a University environment, although not essential.
- Experience and knowledge of PFI /PPP schemes and contractual obligations and sensitivities (preferred but not essential)
- Experienced contract / account manager.
- Ability to manage diverse works and associated supply chain activities.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Investments develops, finances, manages and operates public and private infrastructure projects. They are responsible for raising and structuring finance to help customers achieve goals that might otherwise be unattainable. They also invest directly in infrastructure assets, particularly where there are opportunities to manage the project upon completion and enhance operational efficiency.
The Investments SBU also has a successful business in the US which includes Balfour Beatty Communities, a subsidiary dedicated to developing and operating privatised military housing, and multifamily housing, as well as Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions, a leading provider of large capital project financing, development and construction solutions for the higher education market.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/