We are looking for an experienced facilities manager with extensive experience responsible for the operation and management of FM services, building systems and processes that support the core business of our Property Management team.
You will ensure that best practices are followed to maximise the efficiency of the department and provide a high level of service to clients.
You will be involved in strategic planning and day-to-day operations concerning buildings and premises.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Building and grounds maintenance
• Health and safety
• Tendering, procurement and contract management
• M&E management
• Utilities and communications infrastructure.
• Prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors and suppliers
• Project manage, benchmark, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
• Investigate the availability and suitability of options for new premises
• Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
• Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
• Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
• Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as the M&E, security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling within the buildings we manage.
• Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
• Keep staff safe
• Plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises
• Check that work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
• Coordinate and lead management teams to cover various areas of responsibility
• Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
• Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues
You do not need to have a specific degree or HND qualification to enter this role, but the following subjects may improve your chances:
• Facilities management
• Building management
• Building services
• Membership of IWFM, BIFM, or other qualifications such as COSHH, IOSH or NEBOSH
• Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
• Procurement and negotiation skills
• The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
• Confident decision making
• Time management skills
• Project management skills
• The ability to draw information from various sources, including people
• Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents
• Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
• IT skills
• A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
• A full driving licence may be required if travelling between sites
Like most of our professional staff, you are expected to undertake continuing professional development (CPD), usually external short courses and in-house training. Typical training areas include health and safety, legislation and regulation, and practical and business skills training.
Please note that depending on numbers, we may not be able to respond to all applications.
Strettons is a leading, independent firm of property advisors with expertise across a wide range of commercial and residential property, giving advice to buyers, owners, occupiers, investors, developers and more. Our core teams cover agency, property auctions, property & asset management and valuation & advisory services. We operate throughout London and the Home Counties with more than 120 staff, while our auction department and property management business cover the whole of the UK. Learn more about us at strettons.co.uk.