We are currently assisting a large NHS organisation in the East of England to appoint a Technical Services Manager - Engineering. This is an interim position which will require full time hours and on-site working for an initial period of 3 months.
The hourly rate will be £34.65, working inside IR35, through an Umbrella Solution Company.
The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of estates engineering and building operations, including planned maintenance and defect maintenance. Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Support the Head of Operational Estates in the implementation of policy and service development;
- Provide engineering and building services leadership, ensuring effective maintenance programs are developed to meet statutory requirements, minimise risk and provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients, staff and visitors;
- Providing advice and initial design input in the preparation of capital schemes to deliver effective facilities, which minimise revenue costs;
- Efficient and effective management of professional Estates staff, Admin and Clerical and directly employed trade staff;
- Carry the organisation’s communication devices to facilitate immediate response to emergencies;
- Support the Head of Operational estates to estimate costs for large/complex schemes, determine conflicting priorities, value for money and identify revenue consequences including management of delegated capital schemes including adaptations and improvements as and when required;
- Undertake, instigate and/or support of surveys for statutory compliance, e.g. fire safety, backlog maintenance and condition appraisal.
- Degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent qualifications;
- Proven experience of an Estates Technical background within the NHS/ a healthcare setting;
- Experienced with managing contractors;
- An expert for technical advise;
- Excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Ria Healy on 0161 416 6080 and send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com along with your availability and rate.